PDA

View Full Version : Hooters???....

QuadTrix6
03-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Hey i heard today that the restaurant chain Hooters is starting an airline :huh has anyone heard about this ? im not sure i would feel comfortable flying that airline :eek:

heres the article:

Hooters Air to Take Wing On March 6
Atlanta, GA - Hooters of America, Inc. today announced that its aviation partner Hooters Air will begin flight operations on March 6, 2003. Hooters Air One, painted in the orange and white colors of the famous restaurant chain with Hooters Air graphics and the Hooters owl "Hootie" on the tail, will take its inaugural flight with ticketed passengers from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach, SC at 3:20 PM. Initially the airline will provide service only to these two cities. Additional flights and cities will be added soon with service from Newark, NJ to Myrtle Beach through Atlanta to commence March 20. Hooters Air ticket prices are set at a flat rate of $129 one-way. Reservations can be made at www.hootersair.com or by calling 1-888-FLY-HOOT (1-888-359-4668).

"I am excited that something I have worked towards for many years is about to take place," said Hooters of America chairman and Hooters Air owner Robert H. Brooks. "I think when passengers experience the quality flight experience of Hooters Air at a fair price, they will want to fly again with us. We will offer a level of comfort and service unlike anything in the air today."

Hooters Air will be manned by a flight crew consisting of two pilots, three flight attendants and two Hooters Girls (wearing traditional restaurant uniforms). The flight attendants will be experienced, certified, and the position will be gender neutral. The Hooters Girls will be restaurant employees who will assist with hostess and food/beverage functions. Hooters Air will utilize a Boeing 737 outfitted with 112 midsize leather seats.

Hooters of America, Inc. is the franchiser and operator of over 330 Hooters restaurants in 43 states and 9 foreign countries. The first Hooters opened in 1983 in Clearwater, Florida. Hooters is well known for its brand of food and fun, featuring a casual beach-theme atmosphere, a menu that features seafood, sandwiches and Hooters' signature chicken wings, and service provided by the All-American cheerleaders, the Hooters Girls.

Hooters Air Takes Off
Hooters of America, Inc. announced that Hooters Air has taken a very important step toward launching its new charter air service. At 11:00 AM this morning, a freshly painted Boeing 737, Hooters Air One, rolled out of a hangar at Delta TechOps Center in Atlanta. The plane features an orange and white paint scheme, Hooters Air graphics and a large owl on the tail, from the famous Hooters Restaurant chain. The plane will be flown to Winston-Salem, where work will continue on the aircraft with the installation of a new interior featuring 112 roomy 35-inch blue leather seats. A second aircraft, Hooters Air Two, is scheduled to begin painting on Monday, January 27th. Both aircraft should be passenger ready by March 1st.

Hooters Air is in the process of receiving approval from the Department of Transportation and hopes to announce its first routes in and out of the Myrtle Beach, SC market within the next few weeks. While Hooters Air is not yet taking reservations for its inaugural flights, it has secured the phone number 1-888-FLY-HOOT, which it expects to activate in a few weeks

Hooters Air will utilize planes and flight crews employed by Pace Airlines of Winston-Salem, NC. Hooters of America, Inc. chairman Robert H. Brooks acquired Pace at the end of 2002 through an LLC that he personally controls. Currently, Pace controls 17 aircraft, including Hooters Air One and Two, and specializes in sports team, corporate and tour company charters. Executives of Piedmont Aviation founded the airline in 1995.

Due to a relationship between Pace and Delta Air Lines, Hooters Air planes are being transformed at the Delta TechOps facility in Atlanta. Pace has announced that all of their aircraft, including those of Hooters Air, are supported through a comprehensive maintenance agreement whereby Delta TechOps provides parts, equipment repairs/overhauls and personnel training.

Hooters Air 737s will be manned by a flight crew consisting of two pilots (wearing traditional pilot uniforms), three flight attendants (wearing khaki pants and orange Hooters Air polo shirts) and two Hooters Girls (wearing traditional Hooters Restaurant uniforms). The flight attendants will be experienced, certified, and the position will be gender neutral. The Hooters Girls will be restaurant employees who will assist with hostess and food/beverage functions as allowed by FAA regulations.

"We feel we have put together the best possible formula for success for Hooters Air," stated Hooters of America, Inc. Vice President of Marketing, Mike McNeil. "Because Pace is providing the planes and flight crews, we have a proven record of safety, stability, and profitability. The maintenance agreement with Delta teams Hooters Air with a proven leader in safety and has increased Pace's dispatch reliability rating to 98 percent. Finally, we add the spark of the Hooters brand name and our 20-year history and proven ability to provide great service and hospitality. Why would you fly any other airline?" said McNeil.

Hooters Air would like to announce routes, rates and schedules within the next month and initiate flight operations before the beginning of summer.

Pappy
03-04-2003, 03:44 PM
i dunno about the flying.......but the landings should be soft:devil

QuadTrix6
03-04-2003, 03:44 PM
:huh

Pappy
03-04-2003, 03:52 PM
im not allowed in hooters no mo':grr i keep biting my fingers:o
http://www.hootersmagazine.com/Sonny1.jpg

QuadTrix6
03-04-2003, 04:05 PM
LMAO, im not even gonna ask why Pappy :devil

Str8Wicked
03-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Yeah I saw that on 60 mins or some show like that.... Looks like a fun ride....... Another company has one with the girls serving in bikini's///

lil'redrocket
03-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Yea its real nice I hear:devil

j37
03-04-2003, 04:49 PM
LMAO, that pic is funny lil'redrocket. I want to go for a ride on that plane.

Hooters is a great place to eat. I go there for the food seriously.;) Alright ill admit I could care less about the food.:D

Moto92
03-04-2003, 05:00 PM
if it ever crashes in the ocean the will be two flotation devices for everyone :blah

F-16Guy
03-04-2003, 05:00 PM
HA! I'm going to pi$$ myself!! That is a funny picture!!!!

TC17
03-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
im not allowed in hooters no mo':grr i keep biting my fingers:o
http://www.hootersmagazine.com/Sonny1.jpg

i feel your pain:(

olyeller
03-04-2003, 06:15 PM
my buddy is an airplane mechanic and he tells me about working on them all the time. The hooters girls sure would make the flight much more enjoyable!

250x#93
03-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Lmfao:devil

tants
03-04-2003, 06:39 PM
DELIGHTLFULLY TACKY, YET UNREFINED

gotta love hooters. best place on earth. the wings aint bad either ;)

Pappy
03-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by tants
DELIGHTLFULLY TACKY, YET UNREFINED

the wings aint bad either ;)

they have food there:huh

tants
03-04-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
they have food there:huh

lmao :D

300exazzkikr
03-04-2003, 07:07 PM
I like the burgers there..:huh

Glow Plug
03-04-2003, 07:34 PM
is there an age limit for hooters ? my face if i ever go there :eek2: :eek2:

tants
03-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Brit220
is there an age limit for hooters ? my face if i ever go there :eek2: :eek2:

no i brought my 5 year old cousin there no problem.

flyin#5
03-04-2003, 08:12 PM
hooters flight attendants... well i guess i would distract terrorists.. and us "hey could you please get my fork that fell on the floor" bends down you get a nice view then the rest of the plain steals your fun:grr then we will put terrorists out of business because there will be full out riots on the plane.:rolleyes: :D

Fender Bender
03-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by tants
no i brought my 5 year old cousin there no problem.

I went there on my eighth birthday with my dad, we just didnt get to go up to the bar, or get special birthday attention;)

250xman
03-20-2003, 04:42 PM
holly **** that gal in that 2nd pic lives HERE IN PLANO!! YAY 4 ME!!