PDA

View Full Version : suzuki madura 1200

Honda4life05
04-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Has anyone ever had or know anything about these bikes? I just picked up a 85 suzuki madura 1200 and they are pretty rare because they only made them for two years, along with the little brother 700cc madura. I had never heard of it but i got it off of a guy on craigslist for $250, he was asking 1,000. It wasnt running at the time so it was pretty much a gamble, After getting it home I put new fuel lines on, put a used stator off of ebay on and it runs pretty good. only 11,000 miles (so it says.) The first time i rode it i didn't expect it to pick up the front wheel, it has crazy power. i'm debating on keeping it or selling it because parts are pretty hard to come by for these bikes. any imput?

rollie
04-05-2012, 06:37 PM
my pops just scored one for free aswell!! thats so weird, we went to the dealer today to get carb rebuild kits, and like you said finding parts is near impossible, hopefully cleaning the carbs will get his running good

Honda4life05
04-06-2012, 07:07 AM
cool man, i was going to get a crb rebuld kit but i couldnt find them either, it ran okay so i put seafoam in the tank and ran it for awhile, runs well now. i was thinking about parting it out, parts are going for a pretty decent price on ebay