PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bars? Am I the only one who doesn't understand this?

Rohr397
04-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Lately I've been seeing more and more motocross quads that are built to the hills and they're using sway bars on the front end...

Since when was this a motocross thing? I know it's useful for IRS and flat track but I don't see a place in moto for them. Idk if I'm the only one who's questioning this or is it legit? Keep in mind these people DO NOT do TT/Flat Track, these are purpose built for MX only.

CJM
04-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I dont see a reason why you would want one on an MX track, makes no sense as you limit wheel travel ALOT.

400exrip
04-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Swaybars are used to transfer weight or (keep the front tires down) from one side to the other. For example if you are coming into a corner and it is a hard right turn, the swaybar will put pressure on the right front tire. And prevents it from coming off the ground. Therefor making your bike hook to the ground and get better traction. And keeping you from flipping over.

I would not run them in MX, but I guess that is why they are running them, For Going in to them sharp turns real fast.

Rohr397
04-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I dont see a reason why you would want one on an MX track, makes no sense as you limit wheel travel ALOT.

That was what I was thinking.

beastlywarrior
04-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Is it those holeshot devices your looking at?