PDA

View Full Version : sparks timing key??

GAZ-V-21
04-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Just wondering what exactly a timing key is what it does how easy to install and will they shorten engine life also are they good for a stock motor? Basicly im trying to get as much power out of my stock motor without hurting it any suggestions?

dxcody
04-03-2012, 05:29 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349499&perpage=10&highlight=sparks advance&pagenumber=1

Great Write up by tri5ron here.

beastlywarrior
04-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Only thing ive seen with degree keys like these shear easier. Advancing you timing also increases heat too

CJM
04-03-2012, 06:21 PM
I honestly rode a pure stock bike with one, it didnt feel different at all.

Drfat400ex
04-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Hm lets see, shear easy, generate quite a bit more heat, and give you no noticable power. Doesn't really sound worth any money to me lol.

Wheelie
04-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Only thing ive seen with degree keys like these shear easier. Advancing you timing also increases heat too

Shearing is never an issue with a properly installed flywheel key, don't spread false information. The only people that have issues with keys shearing are the ones that don't know how to properly install a flywheel.

Advancing timing will increase heat however, keep an ear out for pinging. If you hear pinging, run higher octane fuel or remove the key.

In my application the power gain was very impressive. Power from bottom to top was improved.