PDA

View Full Version : case cracking right side

Skppy264
04-03-2012, 07:38 AM
:confused: ok want to start by had quad over three years. after first year heard about crank bearings had a person tearit down redo complete motor high comp pistion stage 2 cam the basic mods.. been running it ever since doing mant. regularly.. bought wife 400 ex thought need vavles adj so took both to local dealer for service i seen alittle oil coming of right side case of the 450r not alot.. figured would get it fixed while it was there.. got it back it leaked worst.. (i have to haul mine piggy back) so checked oil went riding about an hour riding cracked by kicker. took back in had it fixed over 600 dollars.... This time took motor out and split whole motor apart.. Same thing still leaking when hauled so recheck oil went out not even 40 mins. same thing case cracked. took back now there telling me inner case broken... And cracked SAME place

TheLane
04-03-2012, 12:30 PM
I would throw a FIT, tell that dealer they should have fixed it the first time!

440ex. ehhh!!
04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
If you need a case, i have one for sale in the parts section of this site

Scro
04-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Are you giving it gas while cranking?

440ex. ehhh!!
04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
LOL. Yes, because that is a very bad thing!
If you give it gas while kicking it over, stop complaining because it's not the dealers fault... It is your own.

DO NOT GIVE IT GAS WHILE YOU KICK IT OVER.
It's a great way to have the kicker come flying back and blowing a hole in your case.

Scro
04-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by 440ex. ehhh!!
blowing a hole in your case.

Or blowing a hole in your shin.:o

desratt
04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
are you running an after market cdi? what happens is when you give it just a little gas it advances the ignition and it sparks before top dead center causing it ro fire backward and the kick start flies backwards. I fought with this for ever also if your throttle position sensor is unpluged it will default to wide open throttle in the cdi.
what cdi are you running?

fastredrider44
04-06-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd look at it very carefully. Most of the time its not the inner cases but the clutch cover that busts. Look for a crack coming down on the clutch cover. Its difficult to see with the frame in the way, but I wouldn't be sending it back to the dealer!

leakyvoodoo
04-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Yep mine just broke leaking trans fluid. It's a very little hair line crack in one of the bolt gallies. Think the cover was 150 bucks.