PDA

View Full Version : kick start

250racer2010
04-02-2012, 05:44 PM
alright u guys i just picked up a very clean 04 450r kick start and i am wondering what the secret to getting holeshots on the dead engine starts is

ThumPIN_450R
04-02-2012, 07:27 PM
A rekluse clutch and a bike that will start first kick.

Foxhound013
04-03-2012, 06:44 PM
To be honest with you I haven't quite got it down but I just started racing last year and I'm 99% of the time in the top 8 on holeshot out of at least 20. I don't have a rekluse in my bike I'm just running stock stuff. My bike is really good about starting first kick so I just push down slightly on the kicker to rotate it over to top dead (Or at least what i feel like top dead is, not sure if thats really what it is but you'll know it when you feel it) and wait for the flag to drop. The second I see the flag start to move I slam the kicker down as hard as I can and gas it. Just have faith that your bike is gonna start and don't hesitate and wait to make sure its going before you gas it. Now if this goes wrong then you may be sitting on the line with a flooded bike but the hotstart should help. Don't know though I've never been stranded on the start (Knock on wood). Hope you get it down bud.