PDA

View Full Version : Computer Tech Question...

JLanphear
03-04-2003, 12:19 PM
Hey guys...I was trying to play an mpg file here at work. My computer here doesn't have a sound card in it right now (can't wait for me new one). Anyway when the file opens in Windows media player it gives me the error that it can't play the sound stream because I have no hardware...well, duh, I know that. Unfortunatly because of this it won't play the video either.

Typically if I get this error I can open up VirtualDub and play the file through there, but not with this file.

I know the file works because I can play it on another computer here that does have a sound card.

Any ideas how I can play the video from this file on my computer with no sound card?

THANKS!!!

-Josh :huh

300exazzkikr
03-04-2003, 12:38 PM
maybe you need divx? you can download it free off the web.

JLanphear
03-04-2003, 12:56 PM
The weird thing is that I could play this file a couple of months ago....It's really strange....

I have a couple of ideas I can try....

-Josh

03-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Sounds like you lost the driver for the sound card or it is corruupt..

JLanphear
03-04-2003, 01:17 PM
That's the thing...I don't have a sound card at all...I can't think of anything different about my computer now, but the file used to play before without giving that error. Like I said, I tried using the virtual dub video program to open it and got an error as well, and that will usually play anything. I thought the file was corupt, but it plays fine on other computers on our network when I share it.

Odd :confused2

Thanks for the help though.