PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Apex mxr 90 low speed problem.

pwhite
04-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I have a 2011 apex 90 that has a 50mm parmakit cylinder and a 28mm keihin pwk with 19-30 gearing. Everything else is stock. After installing the cyl and carb it has verry little power till it gets to about 7,000 rpms. holeshots and low speed corners are terible but when its wound up it runs like a scalded dog. I fixed the holeshot by drilling a 5/16" hole in each of the three clutch shoes, now it holeshots great but when I slow down to go around a corner it still bogs down and takes about 3-4 seconds to hit the power band again. I put a stiffer Purple driven spring in but no change. You guys got any ideas? any help would be apreciated.

chris p.
04-02-2012, 08:29 AM
sent pm

selbygirl
04-02-2012, 01:52 PM
move your clip up on your neede like 2 notches and see if that helps .

mmsoup
04-02-2012, 07:06 PM
You said everything else stock.................

So replace the clutch shoe springs with the stiffest shoe springs you can find or even better, get a Malossi Delta adjustable clutch or Stage 6 adjustable clutch and add stiff shoe springs and tighten them down to about two lines from tightest

Wouldn't hurt to get a used Trackside or Hetrick Gen 3 pipe and if you can get a lighter flywheel or an inner rotor ignition it will spin up quicker.

What weight rollers are you using?

pwhite
04-02-2012, 07:26 PM
I ordered a Malossi complete Overange Kit and a Mach 1 Intake with V Force reed cage today. I am hoping this fixes it. I was told that the stock intake with the carb under the tank was imposible to jet the bog out. I will find out soon enough. Pipe is next.