PDA

View Full Version : Archery Folks

HondaRacing83
04-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Looking to get into Archery. A friend just offered me a " bear black panther compound bow" for $80. with sights and such. is it a good deal? 60lb drawback. i dont know much bout archery. Im always dealing on craigslist and always wanted to bow hunt. My uncle, grandpa, dads friends, and my friends are all big bow hunter. My dad used to be, i asked him if i got my own bow if we could bow hunt. he said yeah, i know he always had hoyt and mathews. my other buddy offered me a high country for $100. help me?

ben300
04-01-2012, 09:07 PM
http://archerytalk.com/vb/

im a member on here and have been for several years. probably the absolute best place on the internet to find information on the world of archery.

to be honest with you, its not a good deal. ya its dirt cheap, but thats an ancient bow, and if you needed parts or needed to adjust the draw length, you are probably not going to be able to, because parts are not going to be available at all.

get yourself a membership on AT, and spend some time in the classified section there....there are tons of bows, at all sorts of price ranges that are going to be WAY newer adn WAY better for your dollar than that bow.

also, my advice for you would be since you live in or meadville, would be to go to Indoor Outfitters and see shop owner rick coon...he'll be able to help you out by finding your proper draw length and will be able to show you all about bows and equipment adn what not...

good luck. archery is a great sport. i competed nationally for 10 years and was an all american olympic recurve shooter when i was younger...but its just like anythign else, quads, cars, golf, women, and drugs......ITS ADDICTING

HondaRacing83
04-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Hahahaha, thanks Ben! I'm gonna look around more, and all get registered on Archery talk. I didn't really think it was that good of a deal when I saw someone on a different forum list it, and someone said theyd give em $10 at most laughing. What about the High Country? I know its not specific, but in general do High Country make good bows? I'll have to find out what model it is.

ben300
04-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
Hahahaha, thanks Ben! I'm gonna look around more, and all get registered on Archery talk. I didn't really think it was that good of a deal when I saw someone on a different forum list it, and someone said theyd give em $10 at most laughing. What about the High Country? I know its not specific, but in general do High Country make good bows? I'll have to find out what model it is.

yes and no...high country was all the craze and had some awesome bows in the early to mid/late 90's...they had a bow called the machine supreme which was a great shooter back then (my dad owned 4 of them at one time).....but then at the turn of the century there, they started to go down hill. they got some engineers in that had some wack ideas, and they developed some problems in their bows for a couple years that really killed their sales...

i think they got bought out by somone about 3 or 4 years ago, and they have since improved. they ended up adopting the binary style cam system which is used on bowtech's, elites, new breed archery, athens, strothers, and as of resently, martin bows.......
..their new speed speed pro x-10 bow and the x-11 bow are two of the fastest bows on the market right now..

its a toss up on that...it just depends on the model..theres currently not many HCA dealers in our area, so parts for that may be hard to get depending on how old it is

buck440
04-02-2012, 09:17 AM
whatever bow you get i would check the limbs for cracks and replace the strings. you don't want one to blow up in your face.

imo decent bows start around $600-$700 all the way up to $1400+. my first bow was a 30year old browning. she was beat up but my dad killed 54 bucks with it since he bought it new. i think any cheap bow is good to use so you don't put a lot of money into something you may not like.

i think the best thing you should do is polish a turd up. put oil in the cams, new strings, have carbon arows cut to your length, stabilizer and some string silencers and you'd bet set.

btw you can't wrong with anything in the BOWTECH flavour:)

HondaRacing83
04-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Alright thanks guys. I'll try and get more info on that High Country, he said it was a 06-07 model I do believe. Now that i think about it, my uncle and my grandpa have many compound bows. I'll try and buy one off them, better yet, my Grandpa would give me one..

dxcody
04-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Your gonna want something that has Let off.

Im a PSE, Bear, and Mathews fan mayself.

I have a PSE Durango that i use right now, its older, form like 2002 i think, maybe even before then, but its still a great bow, 80% let off, and i have killed 2 deer with it since i have used it, so i dont feel any need to upgrade.

The reason i say your gonna want let off is, Sometimes when your in your stand, you may only get 1 chance to draw back, and then you may have to wait 2-3 mins for the right shot.

Bow Hunting is all about the Prep work.

If you shoot and practice ALOT then you will be good at it. I suck at it because i never practice. I have 2 targets and a huge backyard, i have no excuses i just am not all that into hunting anymore since i started riding quads.

Last year alone i missed 3 Coyotes, and a BIG 10 pointer with my bow. (Of course i never saw the 10 point during gun season.)

If you are going to hunt, you will love Bow Season way better than Gun season. I do anyways. You dont have to worry about all the idiots running around out there with shotguns just trying to kill somethin and that shoot at everything that moves. The deer arent all spooked up and they actually use their trails and paths on a daily basis unlike gun season when they are just going everywhere to dodge bullets.

Im a bowhunting fan, just not as into it right now as usual.

HondaRacing83
04-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks Cody! &Yeah I know. I love Rifle season, very highstrung high paced fun, we hunt in a big group, do pushes, its a good time. But sometimes they will piss me off and wrap up early and i wanna keep hunting so i go back to my house where i have a lot of property and sit back in my treestand. very calm and see a lot of deer. its a great spot, i really want to get into archery for that reason to, deer actually use there trails and its much more calm.

wilkin250r
04-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Like others have indicated, your prepwork and technique are much more important than your equipment.

I'm not an expert like Ben is, but I've gone archery hunting a few times. You can still suck with a $1800 bow, and some of the best hunters I know have simple sights, simple plastic arrow rests that cost about $5, no stabilizers, and can put 9 out of 10 arrows into a pie plate over 50 yards.

quadracer556
04-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Like others have indicated, your prepwork and technique are much more important than your equipment.

I'm not an expert like Ben is, but I've gone archery hunting a few times. You can still suck with a $1800 bow, and some of the best hunters I know have simple sights, simple plastic arrow rests that cost about $5, no stabilizers, and can put 9 out of 10 arrows into a pie plate over 50 yards.

exactly,in 92 i killed my first deer with a bow,i was 12.hoyt spectra raider,wheels,55lb,no let-off,stock crappy 3 pin sights.i shot all the time.in local 3d shoots there was no one in my age group so i shot the older class and spanked em weekly (12 shooting against 16 yr olds) and i got a pile of trophies and "robin hoods" to prove it.as with anything practice makes perfect.......got an old old golden eagle (always been a hoyt or pearson guy but it was free)given to me 2 years ago, shot targets a few times and put it down till this past archery season.hadn't shot it period in over a year.opening day i went out and 3 doe stumbled into my path at 25 yds.wrong move.i'll post pics in a few,gotta transfer them.

point is with a good old bow,or old anything,in the proper hands anything can be done.i.e. my buddy went out with his 96 rm250 2 years ago,after not racing in about 8 years,and won the track championship in b class mx at his local track in d6 PA.the only 2 cycle and it was 14 years old vs all 450s.hee hee the announcer had fun with those boys.

quadracer556
04-03-2012, 10:43 PM
lay down

quadracer556
04-03-2012, 10:44 PM
middle arrow in above pic broke off,found the broadhead seated snugly in here...

quadracer556
04-03-2012, 10:50 PM
red river,yea excessive but this is my fav one.and i know its not a buck but i only shoot buck bigger than the previous one.last buck i killed was in 02.8 pt 24 inch spread 4 1/2 year.pass nice deer up year after year,at a certain time you prove your point and gotta go quality.the younger doe taste better anyway......giggitty

tbrackman84
04-04-2012, 05:22 PM
if you arent made of money go for whatever bow you can afford. I bought a PSE firestorm for 100 dollars 4 years ago and killed 4 bucks in a row with it. You will want to put some extra money into it, i got carbon arrows for mine and got it "tuned up" to fit me personally better. If you practice enough almost any bow is ok, i mean people still kill deer with home-made recurves.

tbrackman84
04-04-2012, 05:23 PM
and quadracer it looks like you were lucky that was just a yearling, you shot it right in the shoulder blade!

quadracer556
04-04-2012, 08:53 PM
it was just forward of the blade.and it was a yearling.yum yum.t-loins and 20 or so lbs of jerky.i run aluminum arrows in my hunter not carbon so maybe thats the difference.just punch through bone and not watch my carbon arrow splinter into a million pieces while the deer walks away.not sure whats so lucky about it tho,rather unlucky for the year and a halfer that stepped right in front of momma as i drew back.my uncle switched up to recurve last year(bought a handmade black widow) cuz he was bored with compounds,think i'll be joining him this year on that as well.i got deer trophies for days,its gotten old at this point.i go for the least time consuming deer in archery and let the rifle and food plots decide what happens with the buck.they're getting up there in size and i'm sure you would take the 2 1/2 yr 6 point roaming around.20 inch spread,low,wide perfectly symmetrical but i was doing that 15 years ago with a bow.passed him up in archery and rifle countless times last season.my whole point was havent shot in years,shot that bow once the yearf before and put the arrown in the heart first go round.practice makes perfect not cutting edge high dollar equipment.and whats up with pickin on that 2lb largemouth in the lets see your face thread?you catch that in a minnow trap or was it the big catch last fall?!?! lol

tbrackman84
04-05-2012, 06:24 AM
I didnt mean for you to get so excited over what I said, haha. I never had a carbon arrow splinter but thats because I shoot for the lungs... And it'll be a sad day for me when deer hunting gets boring lol, I don't expect it to happen. And yes its not a monster bass but its a thread to show who you are not the biggest fish you've ever caught.

HondaRacing83
04-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Well guys got my bow today. I actually got one of my grandpas old bows. after easter dinner we were sitting there bsing and i told him i was in the market for a bow and was going to look at a high country. hes like hold off on that.. ive got a lot of bows upstairs. so me and him went up and i tried a few of them, and ended up with a surprisingly nice old Indian Cobra compound bow. I love it so far, he gave me an old release to which is a must and gave me an arrow to practice( going to get more later) me and him went out and shot it and wow. archery is gonna be a lot harder than i thought! i still love it though and am looking forward to archery season. im gonna take it in to the local shop for a tune up, pick up some more arrows and just use it. i do need to pick up a whisker biscuit to.. lets hope i kill something this year! my dads gotta hold up to his end of the deal and go buy a bow hahah.

HondaRacing83
04-08-2012, 04:56 PM
correction. its not an indian. its a straight up cobra bow. idk what model.

HondaRacing83
04-08-2012, 06:14 PM
correction. the sights are cobra. idk wtf it is yet haha

finsteratv
04-08-2012, 08:42 PM
haha come on man..You inspired me to mess with my brothers "lil'banshee" bow..Once i pay off my CR i think i might pick one up

HondaRacing83
04-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Archery is deff fun. Its not as easy as you think though. Btw if it matters, on the quiver is says indian archery i think

HondaRacing83
04-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Little upset. My Grandpa gave me 1CF arrow with it, well Sunday night I was shooting and the nock came clean off and i lost it. Today I went and talked to rich at indoor outfitters like ben said. He seemed alright, cut me a deal sold me a half dozen easton alumunum arrows used for $20. I get home, they are all to short and fall through the rest. Except 1. I shoot it twice and the nock shattered clean off. Im gonna sell some stuff, my dad said he would go halves with me for me to buy a new compound. I hear nothing but good things about Bear anymore on there newer bows with Lifetime warranty. They have a brand new package deal at indoor outfitters for $399. That was gonna be the one I buy, it was really nice. I could build parkers cheapest bow for $397 just like it. The bear seems nicer. I go home and find the same bear package deal for $399, with 6 easton carbon arrows, a nice release, and target beand new free shipping. Im like wtf ha

buck440
04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
what any decent bow shop employee would do is have you bring your bow and he will have you pull the bow back with a arrow that measures a specific length for your setup. not all arrows work for the same bow. shooting short arrows is a good way to get it through your hand and it happens.

btw i would try to stick one type of arrow and broad head/field point setup so you can be accurate with 1 setup instead of being inaccurate with multiple setups like aluminum arrows, super light aluminum, carbon fiber...just use one and master the hell out of it.

ben300
04-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Little upset. My Grandpa gave me 1CF arrow with it, well Sunday night I was shooting and the nock came clean off and i lost it. Today I went and talked to rich at indoor outfitters like ben said. He seemed alright, cut me a deal sold me a half dozen easton alumunum arrows used for $20. I get home, they are all to short and fall through the rest. Except 1. I shoot it twice and the nock shattered clean off. Im gonna sell some stuff, my dad said he would go halves with me for me to buy a new compound. I hear nothing but good things about Bear anymore on there newer bows with Lifetime warranty. They have a brand new package deal at indoor outfitters for $399. That was gonna be the one I buy, it was really nice. I could build parkers cheapest bow for $397 just like it. The bear seems nicer. I go home and find the same bear package deal for $399, with 6 easton carbon arrows, a nice release, and target beand new free shipping. Im like wtf ha

im not a big fan of bear, but their bows now are better than they have ever been in recent history..the bear anarchy is a fine bow......parker on the other hand is just cheap ****.... they've had the same bow for basically the past decade adn refuse to come out with anything new....you would be doing yourself a favor by not buying them...

also, im not telling you to do one thing or another, but if you buy a bow package like the bear, online, you only get the manufactures warranty and you have to deal with that online place to get it fixed if something happens. if you were to buy it from a pro shop, you should have full coverage on the bow then and the dealer should be able to replace just about anything on the bow under warranty...

also, a lot of pro shops anymore will get stingy and very unhelpful with ya if you go in and they take the time to show your a particular bow and you come in next week with the same setup ordered off line.....i know the pro shops i shoot at wont act that way with you, but a lot of ones will

also, buck440 is totally right....stick with one set up...if your on a budget....go to indoor outfitters and get half a dozen beaman ics 400 hunters.... with nocks, inserts, points, and fletched, those arrows should cost you around $65-80....those are an excellent all around arrow for hunting and target shooting alike...they are what i have used for the past 10 or so years hunting...

also, next time your at the shop...buy yourself extra nocks...they cheap, like $.05-.10 cents or so per nock....unless you start getting pin nocks for arrows like Easton axis's or gold tips.....but nocks shouldnt cost anything...heck, you could probably find change lying around the house enough to get yourself some xtra nocks

HondaRacing83
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM
You guys have points. But you see, I just got these arrows because they were cheap. I just got them to shoot more. I'm working on coming up with the money for the bear. Only have to get $200 since my badass dad agreed to go halfs. Once I get my new bow, I will stick to one setup. Now I'm just shooting what I can get my hands on. I'm gonna go back to rich tomorrow. See what He can do about the arrows, I didn't even try to shoot them short ones. This bow I'm using now, is such an old compound, it doesn't even have cams. There is 0 relief. Its so old its got these weird click adjust things that come out for the drawback weight. Rich said its from around the 70's prob about 77. The bow is older than my parents Lol. This bear looks really good ben. My dad is a no cheapie kinda guy and he said this bows actually pretty decent. Its got a whisker biscuit on it to seeings how bear makes them. Look it up, its a bear encounter. Btw how are pse bows? I found a complete pse for 399 but my dad thinks id be better off with the bear.

ben300
04-12-2012, 09:47 PM
You guys have points. But you see, I just got these arrows because they were cheap. I just got them to shoot more. I'm working on coming up with the money for the bear. Only have to get $200 since my badass dad agreed to go halfs. Once I get my new bow, I will stick to one setup. Now I'm just shooting what I can get my hands on. I'm gonna go back to rich tomorrow. See what He can do about the arrows, I didn't even try to shoot them short ones. This bow I'm using now, is such an old compound, it doesn't even have cams. There is 0 relief. Its so old its got these weird click adjust things that come out for the drawback weight. Rich said its from around the 70's prob about 77. The bow is older than my parents Lol. This bear looks really good ben. My dad is a no cheapie kinda guy and he said this bows actually pretty decent. Its got a whisker biscuit on it to seeings how bear makes them. Look it up, its a bear encounter. Btw how are pse bows? I found a complete pse for 399 but my dad thinks id be better off with the bear.

PSE bows?..........eehhhhh, theyre ok i guess.............. i mean, like, i only own two of them :devil: hahaha

ben300
04-12-2012, 09:49 PM
and another

ben300
04-12-2012, 09:55 PM
and finally one more......the blue bow is a 2011 PSE supra solo cam....the 2012 supra is a hybrid cam...i love the supra. shoots fantastic! its my indoor spots, 600 round, and outdoor FITA bow..

the camo bow is a 2011 PSE Bowmadness XL.....it is honestly the best shooting bow that i have ever shot in my entire life. it holds like a ****ing rock, is super smooth on the draw, is dead in hand upon release, adn is ultra fast....i have it set up for 3D currently, but its definite deer slayer as well...

HondaRacing83
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Haha well today, I shot that bear complete and the PSE Stinger 3G. This has put me into a major whirl. The bear seems built a lot better, but the pse seems to shoot a little better and i think its a little lighter. the bear shoots like 309 and the pse shoots like 314. those are niceeeee bows ben. cant imagine the fourtune youve got wrapped up in that! haha im deff sore after a couple hours of shooting but still lovin it. gonna go shoot a bunch in the am with my old compound to get my arm built up. then gonna go ride haha. thoughts between the BEAR ENCOUNTER and PSE STINGER 3G? My dad likes the Bear better, and i have mixed feelings of them all. Do you know of any other packaged deals priced $400 and below? Btw I already highly dislike Rich at Indoor Outfitters. Got my first bow burn to lol. Had my arm a little to straight and the bear caught me. Its bruised pretty good. Only time I did that lol

ben300
04-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Haha well today, I shot that bear complete and the PSE Stinger 3G. This has put me into a major whirl. The bear seems built a lot better, but the pse seems to shoot a little better and i think its a little lighter. the bear shoots like 309 and the pse shoots like 314. those are niceeeee bows ben. cant imagine the fourtune youve got wrapped up in that! haha im deff sore after a couple hours of shooting but still lovin it. gonna go shoot a bunch in the am with my old compound to get my arm built up. then gonna go ride haha. thoughts between the BEAR ENCOUNTER and PSE STINGER 3G? My dad likes the Bear better, and i have mixed feelings of them all. Do you know of any other packaged deals priced $400 and below? Btw I already highly dislike Rich at Indoor Outfitters. Got my first bow burn to lol. Had my arm a little to straight and the bear caught me. Its bruised pretty good. Only time I did that lol

haha....i only mentioned his shop cause it would be closest to you...other shops you can go to that are a little farther that are, IMO opinion, alot better....Gold n Grain archery, which is outside of mercer in Clark, pa.....bills field and Stream which is in transfer, PA.....then there's Shooters Showcase in Slippery Rock...that and bills probably has the most bows in stock around.....GNG carries hoyt, mathews, and mission.....Shooters carries Mathews, mission, PSE and bear.....Bill's carries PSE, Martin, Bear, and Parker.....

if you want to travel north, its a small shop, but its a good shop...Dave's Archery on rt 430 outside of Erie/Waterford pa....they carries Mathews, hoyt, pse, bowtech, and mission...

if you go to gold n grain, Bills, or shooters, you will get absolute top notch customer service...GNG is my home club, and i recently got my PSE's at Bill's....

i dont have too much into those bows....about $1400 for the blue one, and about $1200 for the camo.....i know some ppl with ones in the $1500-1800 range.......you dont have to spend that much, trust me...but i have top notch equipment on mine

also, martin has some good package deals for bows in the $400-600 range....complete bow, sight, rest, stabilizer, quiver, and case....i think they even have a real cheappo with some junk *** arrows

http://www.goldngrain.com/
http://shootersshowcase.com/index.htm

HondaRacing83
04-14-2012, 08:23 AM
alright thanks ben. have you heard of higglys out in centerville? dad said thats where he always used to go. he keeps talking about and that i should go there. rich carries hoyt, mathews, parker, bowtech, and bear. edinboro outdoors doesnt really have much besides pse and a bunch of no namers. whats your non biased opinion between the bear & pse?

HondaRacing83
04-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Whats a 2008 Mathews drenaline with sur lock sights, mathews drop away rest, stabilizer, cf arrows and plastic case worth? Its currently setup at 70in drawback weight and 30inch drawback leength. might have some other stuff. a guy wants to trade it for my pep shocks. the pc is chipped on them. wonderin if its a good deal. my dad said if i cant set it up for myself, he would take it and just buy me whatever bow that way we could hunt together. i think its an alright deal. i paid $170 for the shocks about a month ago. kinda want axis anyway. my dad can have the mathews and he will just buy me the bear i want. seem decent?

dxcody
04-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Whats a 2008 Mathews drenaline with sur lock sights, mathews drop away rest, stabilizer, cf arrows and plastic case worth? Its currently setup at 70in drawback weight and 30inch drawback leength. might have some other stuff. a guy wants to trade it for my pep shocks. the pc is chipped on them. wonderin if its a good deal. my dad said if i cant set it up for myself, he would take it and just buy me whatever bow that way we could hunt together. i think its an alright deal. i paid $170 for the shocks about a month ago. kinda want axis anyway. my dad can have the mathews and he will just buy me the bear i want. seem decent?

Thats an awesome deal. In my opinion.

Mathews is arguably the best bow made. If you only paid $170 for the shocks, i say go for it. The bow is worth more than $170 alone, and depending on where he got the arrows, what kind they are, sights, and type of bow case, thats probably over $170 just in extras.

Archery sh*t is expensive.

I dont know my Archery stuff as well as guys like Ben, but i do know i put $90 just in arrows, new sights and a trigger release last year.

ben300
04-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
Thats an awesome deal. In my opinion.

Mathews is arguably the best bow made. If you only paid $170 for the shocks, i say go for it. The bow is worth more than $170 alone, and depending on where he got the arrows, what kind they are, sights, and type of bow case, thats probably over $170 just in extras.

Archery sh*t is expensive.

I dont know my Archery stuff as well as guys like Ben, but i do know i put $90 just in arrows, new sights and a trigger release last year.

first off, you need to examine the bow to make sure there isnt somethign wrong with it.....i will agree with one of hte two things that cody has said....1) if theres nothing wrong with that bow, thats beyond a hell of a deal!....that bow is probalby worht $300 right now...a new sureloc sight, probably a lethal weapon id imagine, is $180+..and a mathews downforce rest brand new is $100......so, ya thats a hell of a deal, if nothings wrong with it.....2) mathews at one time may have had the best bow out there, but not anymore.....mathews doesnt make the best bow, but they do have the best advertising in the business, hands down.......there are so many bow manufacturers out there now, tha make faster, quieter, smoother, easier to shoot, and more accurate bows that mathews....but hey, each to his own..

also....two more things....30" draw length is kinda long heed my advice....

GO TO AN REPUTABLE ARCHERY DEALER, AND GET MEASURED FOR YOUR EXACT DRAW LENGTH......i repeat.....FIND OUT YOUR EXACT DRAW LENGTH.......

two...a drenalin is basically an outback, which is the same a s a switch back, which is the as a dxt, which is the same as a z7, which is the same as a heli-m....they just make minute changes with the risers and limbs adn make them look different......i cant remember if it was the drenalin or hte dxt was someone a failure for mathews in terms of popularity adn sales....kinda like the new heli-m....dudes jsut dotn like the bow, and are buying last years top of the line model...

personally, its a good deal if your gonna get all that ****. you honestly, for what you have money wise into those shocks, cant pass that up...its kinda like finding a g/f that can not only is a solid 8.5/10, but can cook, clean, rebuild a 50 chevy, and can ride a mean dick:devil:

HondaRacing83
04-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Lol. & Ben I did! I'm 28.5! I was just gonna give the bow to my dad, and he was gonna foot the bill for the bear I want. I know 30 is a little long and no way in hell I can pull back 70. Its perfect for him. I know if you wanna get in to adjusting mathews you gotta change the whole cam. $50 bill there.

buck440
04-15-2012, 07:07 AM
man i'm kinda jealous of the trade. it sounds almost too good to be true i think. on ebay they are going for like $450 to $500+! that's a deal of the century!! i'm sure some point in the transaction you'll hear, "but the only problem is":D

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=2008+Mathews+DXT+Drenalin+XT+Bow+RH+ 28+5+60+MINT

HondaRacing83
04-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Haha nope! I checked it all out, its all good, He wants me to throw in a set of handlebars I'm like alright i have some black msr ones up in my room. Hes puttin em on an 02 400ex. Deals legit. Dads gettin a new Mathews and I'm gettin a new bear or pse or whatever. I had them on craigslist for 750, some idiot would pay that. I wanted to try axis, but hey in theory I'm paying $170 for this bow lol

HondaRacing83
05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Huge Update. Picked up a Bowtech Tribute tonight. Love it. Its amazing. I originally decided I was gonna buy the bear so I went down to rich at indoor outfitters with cash and rich was getting me all setup with it, my dad found this Bowtech and was gonna buy it for himself then he had me shoot it and I ended up buying that. Has brand new trophy ridge sight and whisker biscuit. $300 out the door, whachya think of that? Amazing price IMHO especially for Rich. I guess the Tribute was one of Bowtechs best bows, I'll get pics tomorrow. Its in Amzing condition to!

Thumpin440ex
05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Congrats on your buy. You will love that bow, bowtech is a fine bow, I have owned 3 of them with my latest one being a Admiral.

John

finsteratv
05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
nice man! I was gonna pick up my buddy's PSE spider for 150 with 17 arrows (couple chep broadheads and target arrows) along with a block. But then....he remembered he's a lefty..haha

HondaRacing83
05-02-2012, 04:57 AM
Thanks guys! &Thats funny Finster hahaha

ben300
05-02-2012, 07:29 AM
thats a good bow, and i believe thats a really good price as well. you definitely didnt do bad in that deal. enjoy

HondaRacing83
05-02-2012, 02:28 PM
thank you, i sure will!