PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vegas version for gopro?

OldGuyonaQuad
04-01-2012, 06:22 PM
I was wondering which version of sony vegas I should get for my gopro2. Will the $50 movie version fit my basic needs or do I have to go platinum and why?

I'm just going to be trail riding with it for the most part.

bbender85
04-02-2012, 06:03 AM
ha, i started looking at them friday myself, and i am wondering the same thing. subscribed.

lasher45
04-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm not too familiar with Sony Vegas since I use Adobe Premier CS5.5, but what are you looking to make with it?

If you want to make really good, cinematography style edits, then you would most likely need a more advanced version.

But if you're just looking to throw some clips together, splice and call it a day, then the basic should be good.

BoneStockHonda
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM
I downloaded the top of the line Vegas for GoPro edits and if your just looking to do basic stuff like add music and cut clips and put them together its WAY WAY more then you need.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by BoneStockHonda
I downloaded the top of the line Vegas for GoPro edits and if your just looking to do basic stuff like add music and cut clips and put them together its WAY WAY more then you need.
Yea that's all I really need at this point is to splice some of my recordings with my brothers add some tunes, text and maybe fade here and there. Basically clean em up and make them youtube friendly. I figured the premium would be exceed my needs but I was hoping to hear from somone with the basic version to confirm it will meet my needs. I would hate to waste the $50 and then drop another $100.

thanks for your help guys.

TheLane
04-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I use vegas pro 10 64 bit, right now and love it.

It does have a bit of a learning curve if you have never used a high end video/audio editing suite before, but there are plenty of tutorials ect on youtube.

EDIT: IF YOU HAVE A 64 BIT SYSTEM :P

Make sure 100% no matter what you do you get the 64 bit version, HD editing is very very system intense and your system will bog with the 32 bit version, primarily due to the fact that if you have more than 3 gigs of ram (which you should if you want to edit videos) it cannot use it.

Also the 64 bit version allows for the assignment of multiple cores of quad core processors to the real time rendering, which is very useful.

.....I dont know if the low end version will have this, but if your editing full HD these are nice options to have.

Also for effects, 3d editing ect, i use Adobe After Effects cs5. So if you wanna throw some really sweet effects on there ( if you ever wanna make it a pretty solid hobby that is))(because its not cheap)) thats the way to go.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Wow thanks lane, too bad the guy @ Micro center didn't think to ask me what OS I was running before selling me 8 gigs of ram that I can only use 3 of.

I am running XP....until tomorrow...I was trying to hold out for win8 but I guess I am going to have to get 7 after all :(

Thanks that was very helpful.

TheLane
04-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
Wow thanks lane, too bad the guy @ Micro center didn't think to ask me what OS I was running before selling me 8 gigs of ram that I can only use 3 of.

I am running XP....until tomorrow...I was trying to hold out for win8 but I guess I am going to have to get 7 after all :(

Thanks that was very helpful.

No problem, make sure that your motherboard and processor are 64 bit as well. You need a special chipset to run a 64 bit O.S. or you will have compatability issues.

Generally if your system came with a 32 bit O.S. your board and processor are the same.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
No problem, make sure that your motherboard and processor are 64 bit as well. You need a special chipset to run a 64 bit O.S. or you will have compatability issues.

Generally if your system came with a 32 bit O.S. your board and processor are the same.

Well I build gaming rigs so just the opposite has applied, I have been running a video card and processor for years that was ahead of the software but thanks for the heads up on that also.

I do have a 64 bit quad core processor and a dual channel nvidia video card so I'm gtg.

mb also supports 64-bit

OldGuyonaQuad
04-05-2012, 02:41 PM
They should have laws preventing companies from selling software to people that are as stupid as me. I made certain that I got Win7 in 64 bit but they only had one copy, one version of Sony Vegas in the whole store and it was the $49 version movie maker 11. I didnt even thin to check and see if it was 64 bit or not. I am at work and checked google in the mean time. The only tid bit of good news I could take is that Sony dropped XP on 11 but that still doesnt mean it's 64 bit. :( oh well fingers crossed.

CJM
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Wonder if windows movie maker is good enough to do simple editing stuff? I sure will have an issue since I run an old XP based machine if I want to use vegas.. :confused:

OldGuyonaQuad
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
yea the $50 version is only available in 32 bit :/

He told me the pro is $599 to d/l...... f that
Now I see why everyone pirates software .

TheLane
04-05-2012, 03:49 PM
yea the $50 version is only available in 32 bit :/

He told me the pro is $599 to d/l...... f that
Now I see why everyone pirates software .

welll.....i certainly didnt pay 599 for my copy :D :P

Ichoptop
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
done with Sony Vegas Platinum in about 15 minutes last week.

Sunday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnd-Liczgzk&context=C491f7ceADvjVQa1PpcFO76e88DavP9ZAgVnci8Rh0 Cnv8IKvDDtM=)

Tommy Warren
04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I have "a guy" who sent me a pretty user friendly video editing program for 64 bit users and if I can find it in my email along with the user codes I'll post my email for people to download it

OldGuyonaQuad
04-05-2012, 08:33 PM
thanks Tommy

Tommy Warren
04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
thanks Tommy

sorry I can't access the file since megaupload.com was shut down.....

OldGuyonaQuad
04-06-2012, 08:14 AM
That's ok it's the thought that counts buddy....besides I can cut my teeth was this version and move on once I learn wtf I am doing. I think it's most important that I at least have a 64 bit OS and hardware so I can utilize the additonal ram and optimize my processor. If not I'll grab a parrott and a wooden leg and go torret fishing ;)