PDA

View Full Version : Rear Maier fenders installation

Tloc
04-01-2012, 12:18 PM
I've bought a set of rear Maier fenders and it doesn't came with installation sheet and mounting hardware.

Are they supposed to come with mounting tabs to install the wire that support the oem fenders ?

Does anybody have the installation sheet ?

Thanks!

DnB_racing
04-01-2012, 04:10 PM
no hardware is needed only front and rear seat latch

the rear fender has a rib in the plastic that acts like a support to eliminate the need for the stock wire support

the problem I am having with new plastic, even after completely washing and cleaning with denatured alcohol the graphics dont want to stick to the finish... ive used a heat gun to try to make it stick but still I could peal them right off with almost no effort,

I dont want to steel wool them to have graphics stick but im out of ideas

DoonRider
04-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Mine came with the mounting pieces to mount the wire. I did it, but I wished that I wouldn't have. Like DNB said, they aren't really needed.

DoonRider
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing

the problem I am having with new plastic, even after completely washing and cleaning with denatured alcohol the graphics dont want to stick to the finish... ive used a heat gun to try to make it stick but still I could peal them right off with almost no effort,

I dont want to steel wool them to have graphics stick but im out of ideas

The local graphics guy said he uses a torch (an actual flame) to burn off the mold release before he puts graphics on new plastic. It made me cringe, but he says it is common practice.

esstrx250r
04-02-2012, 06:56 AM
My graphics stuck great, I had our pinstripe guy from work install them, he used alcohol first.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/esseclipse/DSC00391.jpg

Tloc
04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks for your reply!

That's good to know before installing graphics.

mx91a
04-02-2012, 12:41 PM
I've always used CRC quick dry electronic cleaner on surfaces before installing decals/gaskets, works great at removing any dirt/grease or residue. I just did my new style Maiers this way and everything stuck to them fine.

Skyman
04-16-2012, 08:48 PM
I have also bought the plastics. Mine came with cheap directions and a couple of drilled l bracket that just don't work. Im debating on modifying the fit. Im concerned the right fender moves quite a bit. The extra support would help.
Im going for the senior member advise from DnB and doonrider and scrapping the support wire. Thanks guys!

slamdak8782
04-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Do you wanna sell the wire and support pieces?

Skyman
04-29-2012, 12:06 PM
I Bent it up pretty bad Slam. So I threw it.