PDA

View Full Version : Mmi?

ill_lil_romey
03-04-2003, 02:42 AM
Has anyone here ever went to MMI ( Motorcycle Mechanics Institute), Im sure everyone knows what MMI Stands for. But I am thinking about enrolling there in the fall after a graduate. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-04-2003, 04:37 AM
but i know what you mean.
it's not as cheap as they say it is, but it would be a cool place to learn some fun stuff.

i don't know why i didn't go ahead and try it.
there's anoter institute kinda like that, bt you do your school at home. they mail you parts. like you got a chapter on starter's, they send you all the books and info, for the test, they send you a bum starter to fix.
kool thing there is you might could get a job at a local bike shop and learn, practice, and make money at the same time.
i think they send you tools also, a full set, and you get to keep em' if you fail.
i tink that's HARCORT learning institute.

ill_lil_romey
03-04-2003, 04:43 AM
yea, I was thinking about taking it up as a career and I think that would be a good place to start. It can't cost anymore than Tulane that's for sure.

JTRtrx250r
03-04-2003, 12:49 PM
My buddy and I were gonna go to MMI,then I had kids at 16(WHOOPS) and couldnt go,but my buddy did,worked in the "shop" industry for about a year,and ended up doing something else w/ his career,If your sure you wanna wrench on bikes and can deal w/ cheezy pay for a few yrs,It just might be for you,good luck;)