PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina

wyndzer
12-09-2001, 10:14 AM
Uwharrie, Buckleberry, where do all the Southern boys ride?

Evan
12-09-2001, 10:18 AM
I ride at Poole Road sometimes but mostly on MX tracks around my area. Uwharrie is rough unless you have a 4x4. Haggars mt in Roxboro is OK. Where in NC do u live

wyndzer
12-10-2001, 09:52 AM
I live in Wilson. I've ridden at Poole Rd. a couple of times. Where are some good areas to ride? How far is Roxboro? Isn't that near Hyco Lake? I wakeboard at Hyco sometimes.

Evan
12-10-2001, 11:37 AM
Yeah Roxboro is near hyco lake. I really dont know the directions to Haggars MT but if you go to Roxboro and ask the guys at FOX's suzuki and kawasaki they can tell you. I have an MX track behind my house that I ride on alot. And I ride at Rolling hills Cycle park in Reidsville which is right up 86 in the northern part of the state almost to Danville VA.

12-25-2001, 11:17 AM
Hey I live in NC in China Grove and would like to ride with new people. I know Of a place called TNTmotorsports.com In SC.

I've been there a few times and its great but I think it is going to close soon for the winter.

2fast

12-27-2001, 10:14 PM
There is a place just across the line in SC they call
Saudia Arabia A big PLace full of Sand dunes use be
some kind of mining company very cool Place if you like dune Ridnig! They Charge 10 bucks for all day ride It is like
30 miles from Rockingham on the other side of Bennettsville

Hey 2fast Are you the same one who post at Bluetraxx?

12-28-2001, 03:55 PM
Yeah Thats me! Just trying to find new places to ride. Is there a web site for that place your talking about? Or how do you get there?

2fast

callen74
12-30-2001, 05:55 PM
Raptor30,
Can you give me directions on how to get there. Or let me know next time you go and I'll meet you somewhere in Rockingham. I've always heard about Little Saudi Arabia but nobody has ever been able to tell me how to get there. Do alot of quads go out there?

wyndzer
12-30-2001, 06:58 PM
maybe we can get a group ride up? Sounds like a good place to ride to me.

12-30-2001, 09:01 PM
This Place Rocks There are usely about 25 or 30 quads there
it is very cool if you like dunes I have the directions for it wrote
down at work that a guy from bluetraxx gave me I only been there once but thats all it will take to make you want to go back
There open on sundays all day you pay ten bucks to ride they
even have a consession stand where they sevre food an drinks.
I go back to work Thur so I will post it then I`m not even going
to try to just tell you because if you don`t know the exact
rd name an no you will never find it but I `ll post the directions thur night they are very good! Yes we all need to get a group ride
if yall don`t mine Riding with A Yamaha Guy! check the links there are 2 pics of the place! http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pf6264255e17185616b5374bba6334db0/fe0a1d30.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pdd235b44424b6df98d150f6c4768ee9b/fe0a1d2c.jpg

CranMan
12-30-2001, 09:09 PM
Hey Wyndzer the group ride sounds good. I rode at Poole rd yesterday. If you want to check out this Saudi dunes area on sunday, I could probably meet you there.

400exRacerX
12-30-2001, 10:29 PM
Raptor30,
Those are pics from North Carolina?

12-30-2001, 10:33 PM
There From South carolina 30 miles from here just right across the state line Between bennettsvile an darlington

wyndzer
12-31-2001, 06:05 AM
CranMan, my bike is out of commission right now, but I've got a new motor on the way. Give me about two weeks.

CranMan
12-31-2001, 11:49 AM
OK. Just let me know about a week in advance I'm there...

callen74
12-31-2001, 05:05 PM
Raptor30, could you go there this Sunday? They're a few of us that are probably going to go down there this weekend. If anybody can go let's all meet this Sunday and try it out.

CranMan
01-01-2002, 07:18 AM
I can probably be there on sunday. If someone posts the directions. How big is this place, are there trails or is it all a sand pit or what? How long could we ride there without getting bored?

mikeboone
01-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Yeah; that place sounds nice---I will check it out:D

01-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Its Pretty big like 25,000 Arces or somthing there
are trails and mud to if thats your thing but me I like to
stay Dry! Doot the sand hills is like so much fun Plus there
are so many other Quads there you can mengal with the crowed
Over all its a pretty good Days woth of fun But you will just have to try it an see if you like it or not me personally I think its is
one of the coolest palces to Ride I will post the directions Thur night . I`m going to try an go This sunday if the weather is ok
there calling for snow tomorrow night An you know it so cool to ride any where in the snow. If any of you are interested in going this sunday maybe we can get together an go .

callen74
01-09-2002, 07:07 PM
Raptor30,
Let us know the directions when you get them. I'm ready to go and check this place out.

CranMan
01-11-2002, 12:16 PM
I'll be at Poole Rd tomarrow morning (Sat jan 12th) I'm going riding with a co-worker that just bought a new 4wd honda rancher though, so I guess I'll be taking it a little slower than usual. Maybe I'll see one of you there......

wyndzer
01-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Just got my bike back together last night. I'll be ready to ride in the next week or so.

Evan
01-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Darn, if I had a truck I would meet you there cranman. I am in the process of getting one right now and selling my old one. Otherwise i would hook up and ride with ya. I dont have anybody to ride with, so maybe I will see you there somtime. It has been a while since I rode there, let me know how it is when you get back. I bet you will be itchin to open it up after ridn with that rancher, hahaha.

waldo
01-13-2002, 09:51 AM
I'm from the high rock lake area of north carolina where is this poole rd???? and what is it and I would like more info on this sand pit is there a # to contact them or do you just show up and how do you get there?????

01-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Yeah me too, what waldo said!!

CranMan
01-13-2002, 06:38 PM
Poole rd. is in the raleigh area, off of the beltline. If you're going around the beltline counterclockwise, you take the poole rd. exit and go right on poole rd. then at the next intersection (new hope rd) take a left. Then take the second right, Rogers rd. go about 500ft, and you'll go under a powerline. Go up the curb on the dirt road under the power line, over the hill, and park. Now unload and explore, there's alot of trails in several directions. I cant say this spot is legal, but on any sat. or sun. you'll see alot alot of people out there. I even saw a cop pull over a guy on a 400ex last time for riding on the streets, but the cop didnt bother anyone riding on the trails.

callen74
01-16-2002, 08:32 PM
All of us NC guys should plan a ride where we all can meet up and ride together. Somewhere big like TNT in SC or Saudi Arabia if we can get directions to there. What do yall think? Also, I'm about to put together another website that will be dedicated to riding spots in our area. I'll post the ones I know and then hopefully people will e-mail me the ones they know about and soon we'll have a single site that will list alot of ride spots in our state. And not just the big ones we all know about but also the little ones that only locals know about. X-rider, have you been to Full Throttle MX in Durham. I've been thinking about going up there for practice. Is it a nice track? Any good jumps?

01-16-2002, 09:38 PM
That sound's like a great idea callen74! I have been thinking about that. It seems like other states or I should people have done that. When you get it done email me so I can join. My email is Charlesprice@hotmail.com

Evan
01-16-2002, 11:05 PM
Full Throttle MX
Yeah I went there a while back, never actually ridden there but when we went they wernt open and I have just never went back, I did walk the track though, there were alot of huge tabletops and a couple of doubles, and there was this one jump that kinda made me sick to look at, you had to jump up hill and make a cmplete u turn and there was the jump and you had to jump back down the hill, I dont see how anyone made it, yeah sounds easy but if you saw it....... only like 2-3 guys on 250 dirtbikes have made it and one of them was a pro, the owner. Well since then some guy broke his back at the track not at that jump but another double so they took most of the hard jumps out so I heard. If you want directions I can give them to ya, its like 10.00 a day last time I was there. Its behind a boat shop called The Prop Shop. The owners name is Sidney, cant remember his last name. I heard some quads go there but mostly dirtbikes since the owner is a old pro dirtbike racer.

I ride at a track in Reidsville(north toward VA above winston salem) its called Rolling Hills Cycle park there are 2 tracks one for 125s and one for 250s, I ride the 125 track since that is where th night races are held I plan on racing there this season, dont know how I will do since its my first race, but its a fun easy track kinda. If anyone race there let me know.

wyndzer
01-19-2002, 06:51 PM
I'm planning on going to Stafford, VA to ride with 3Punks, dirtclog etc. on Feb 9th. If anyone wants to go and carpool, I'm driving the Avalanche. PM me if interested.

dirtclog
01-19-2002, 07:11 PM
yeah, come on up to Stafford, Va for our ride and i'm sure i can make a ride in nc or sc...i've ridden uhwarrie and brown mountain in NC and Antioch in SC...I used to live right outside Charlotte and used to ride all around the speedway before got all developed...

I got a buddy coming from SC near Lake Wylie area for Stafford.

Make a ride in NC...I like the sound of the "Saudi Arabia" place..........someone from around there needs to "organize it"

waldo
01-20-2002, 06:02 AM
how do you get to "SAUDI" anyone know the way?
E me at waldo_sjg@hotmail.com or skatesjr@mindspring.com

01-20-2002, 07:20 AM
Lets organize a RIDE lets first pick a place!?! Wheres everyone want to ride lets vote! TNT OR SAUDI? Heres the web site to TNT....
http://www.tntmotorsportsinc.com/main.htm

http://www.tntmotorsportsinc.com/images/TNT%20Aerial%206.jpg

I dont know where the SAUDI place is but Breadman30 does and I am sure he wont mind getting directions. I dont even think they have a web site. So lets hear it, what does everyone what to do? Lets get this ride togther and lets go ride!!!! These are the best days to ride I think, not to cold or hot!!! http://www.tntmotorsportsinc.com/images/TNT_8.jpg
Heres one more picture of this TNT's motorsports mx track.

wyndzer
01-20-2002, 11:10 AM
I think that Lil Saudi would be the place to go, but who knows how to get there?

01-20-2002, 03:57 PM
Dirtclog where near charlotte did you live. I live in Kings mtn. probably 5 mins from antioch.

CranMan
01-20-2002, 05:25 PM
I vote for Lil' Saudi too....hopefully I can make the ride on whatever date you guys come up with:)

callen74
01-20-2002, 07:28 PM
I think Saudi Arabia would be a good place, too. I've e-mailed a few people to try and get directions and they haven't wrote back so I'm just going to ride down there this weekend and ask around and find it. I know that it is between Bennettsville and Darlington and that there is a little community called Saudia Arabia on the map so hopefully I'll find it. I'll post directions once I get back from there. Whenever we get together and ride count me in.

waldo
01-21-2002, 06:31 PM
COOL!!!!!!! I am a new rider so you guy will have to take it easy on me OK!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

01-21-2002, 06:34 PM
So is that you in the picture waldo? My Brother in law is the gas man for the 99 car.

2fast

dirtclog
01-21-2002, 06:46 PM
matt15231,

I used to live right near uncc...actually was a student there...i worked for a "crook" right near the speedway and used to fish at lunch time in that pond near where they were building a church on speedway blvd. We used to ride across that bridge that crosses you from Bass Pro Shops over to the speedway side...you could get a long run across that field then up the hill that the road was built up on and catch some great air...I four-wheeled trucks and shot guns and rode fourwheelers back there right up until Concord incorporated it..they ran us off from shooting but said we could still ride but then started catching heat for that...real shame...an old guy that used to live back there said he fished that pond 30 years ago or more.

Last time I went to brown mtn heard antioch was getting a lot of "HEAT" from the cops to run people out...I dig brown mtn.

01-21-2002, 07:04 PM
dirtclog

Theres one other place thats been rode a lot lately, you know where hooters is now on speedway blvd.? Well if your coming from hooters at the light make a right and go down the road a peice and you'll see a road that goes off to the right alot of people have been parking there and ride all over you cant miss the trails.

2fast

WISHERTDF
01-22-2002, 10:15 AM
2FAST, HOW FAR IS CHINA GROVE FROM ROCK HILL S.C., I AM ORIGINALLY FROM JUST BELOW THERE (CHESTER S.C.) MAYBE WHEN THE NEXT TIME I GO HOME WE COULD HOOK UP AND RIDE.
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF "TNT MOTORSPORTS" I LIVE 6 MILES FROM THERE.

2000 400EX
K&N FILTER
WB E-SERIES PIPE
RENTHOL HANDLE BARS
RAZR TIRES

waldo
01-25-2002, 04:43 PM
still waiting does any one know where it (saudi) is?????????:confused:

callen74
01-27-2002, 05:42 PM
I finally went to Saudi Arabia today. If anybody wants directions just e-mail me. It's a good place to ride. If you like drag racing or mud then you would really like the place. I was hoping for some big jumps but there are only a few smaller jumps. So if your into that like I am there isn't much there. But it is still a good place to go and would be good for a group ride. They drag race up the side of the biggest hill all day long. Alot of the quads had paddle tires on and drag racing seems to be the big thing to do there. We need to plan a weekend where alot of us could go down there together. The picture is of the main hill there.

callen74
01-27-2002, 05:51 PM
Here's another picture from SA of my friend on his 250R. This shows just how sandy it is there. I might have to buy me a set of paddle tires for the next time I go.

01-27-2002, 06:27 PM
Cool pictures, I would really like to go there just to ride something different. Besides I have always felt like I could really get some good air on a sand dune, because of the long run way. Did thet have any jumps that step up, from one jump to the next...Let hear some dates for a ride TNT or Saudi? When either one looks good to me if the only thing there is to drag though thats something to think about, TNT has a little of this and that.

Evan
01-28-2002, 09:44 AM
Heres some pics of a track near my house. I live near a little town called Hillsborugh, this track is located in the city limits of Hillsborough I belive. It is an awesome track for me, no huge air jumps but stuff that you can easily do on a stock 400. The guy charges 10 a person to ride. If anyones interested let me know, he usally lets people ride on sundays, and its a private track, nothing official about it.

Evan
01-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Heres an awesome step up, I have to be in 3rd gear pinned to make it.

01-28-2002, 01:43 PM
I think this thread is great! Its good to see NC people getting along I have found out about a new place to ride that I might not ever have found out about if it wasn't for this site and thread.

2fast

CranMan
01-28-2002, 04:28 PM
Yeah, that's all good, but we've all still got to get together!! :D
Lil' Saudi looks like a pretty good spot, someone post the directions and let's pick a date...that I can make hopefully!!:huh

callen74
01-28-2002, 09:59 PM
I just e-mailed you directions Cranman and Waldo. Whenever anybody wants to go down to Saudi just let me know and I'll meet you down there. The place isn't that big but it is something different with all the sand. I burned my clutch up because the sand was so deep and because I was running my 18" turf tamers which do nothing but spin in the sand. It would be a good place for a group ride mainly because it could handle a large group and it is a legal ride spot. Cranman, have you ever rode the big sandpit in Cameron. It's a pretty good place to ride to.

CranMan
01-29-2002, 09:00 AM
No I havent ridden in cameron. Let me know where it is, that's real close to me. Maybe we can ride at saudi on the 9th, I think the group ride to stafford, va. isn't going to happen.

mikeboone
01-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I'm ready to ride!!! :D

CranMan
01-31-2002, 10:46 AM
Ok I've got to ride on Sat the 9th, just found out in-laws are coming for a visit. So someone let me know where we're going to ride.

angelon400ex
02-02-2002, 09:24 AM
Hey Dan, We are riding at Windrock TN most likely. How far is that for you? Angela

CranMan
02-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey Angela, I don't know exactly, but I'm sure it would be at least 5 hours to get to the closest point in TN. Thanks for the offer though. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do!!!

wyndzer
02-02-2002, 09:57 PM
I should be able to ride 2-9 after 12:00 . Set the place and time.

redzoomer
02-02-2002, 10:24 PM
Hey guys, I'm kind of new to this Forum. Where are ya'll talking about this Saudi Arabia..? I've been riding for about 10 years, but I've never heard of it. :huh

CranMan
02-03-2002, 08:18 AM
Hey Red check back in the post, there was some basic directions earlier on. I can e-mail you the directions that another guy sent me... I e-mailed a guy about a place to ride near Roxboro, I'll post it if it's somewhere we might be able to ride this weekend....

shamisc
02-03-2002, 08:54 PM
BUCKLEBERRY, JUST OUT OF SMITHFIELD, IS A PRETTY COOL PLACE TO RIDE. THERE'S ONE OTHER PLACE OUTSIDE OF HENDERSON CALLED THE TUNGSTEN MINES. THIS PLACE IS PRETTY COOL B/C ITS KINDA LIKE RIDING AT THE BEACH BUT WITH JUMPS. I WOULD'NT GO TOO OFTEN THOUGH, THEY SAY THAT TUNGSTEN CAUSES CANCER. THAT'S THE REASON THE MINES ARE NO LONGER FUNCTIONAL.:cool:

shamisc
02-03-2002, 09:08 PM
HEY X RIDER,
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET TO THIS TRACK IN HILLSBOROUGH. I LIVE JUST OUTSIDE OF WAKE FOREST I COULD GET THERE IN 45 MINS. OR SO. IF YOU DON'T MIND, EMAIL ME WITH DIRECTIONS TO THIS PLACE. THANKS

[email]SHAMISC@YAHOO.COM

:cool:

redzoomer
02-04-2002, 07:39 PM
Forget riding too often.....I think I'll pass on the tungsten all together..hahaha :eek:

wyndzer
02-05-2002, 03:16 PM
How about this Saturday? Are me and Cranman going to have to ride alone? Get rid of that ball and chain and come ride.

Poole Rd. about 1:00? So what's up?

wyndzer
02-07-2002, 06:06 PM
BUMP

CranMan
02-07-2002, 07:00 PM
Yeah...what he said!!!

callen74
02-07-2002, 09:42 PM
I would come but I burned my clutch up at Saudi Arabia the other weekend. I got my parts today but I won't be able to put them in until Saturday so that leaves me here working on it when yall are riding. But next time I'll definitely be there. Does anybody know if new clutch springs are a must with a burned up clutch. I've got new fibers and plates but not springs. Would that be okay running the old springs with the other new parts?

shamisc
02-08-2002, 02:39 AM
I WOULD PUT NEW SPRINGS IN ALSO. YOU'RE ALREADY IN THERE SO WHY NOT CHANGE THEM. I WOULD PUT A HEAVY DUTY SPRING SET LIKE EBC OR BARNETT. BUT THAT'S JUST ME. ARE THOSE PLATES OEM OR AFTERMARKET? THE AFTERMARKET SPRING WORKS GREAT WITH FACTORY PLATES!

iceman2488x
04-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Hi i am from germanton nc it is like 10 mins north of winston salem and we got a lot of places to ride around here but i am looking for somewhere to ride in some sand cuz i cant take dirt and mud 24/7 lol anyone know of a good place to ride in sand?maybe dunes or anything ?????

------------------------------------------------------

99 400ex dg nerfs,dg bumper,dg crome pipe,smith grips,holeshot tires "coming next month is beadlock wheels,razr tires,pro taper bars and silver plastic "

98 300ex bandit rear tires,dg grab bar "soon to come black maier racing plastics"

89 warrior "my dad's" stock

luvmyex
04-08-2002, 06:34 PM
hey Iceman,I ride up in that area every weekend.Well kinda,We start out in stokesdale,and go to walnut cove,madison,hwy220,hwy 311,and made it up to hwy772 last weekend.Im only missing about 6miles to connect with danburry and hanging rock.I hear that you can get from walnut cove to germanton,but i keep loosing the trail near the RJR plant in brook cove.Do you know where that is?We come out on hwy 65 but dont know where to go from there.If youo know where im talking about help me out man!If you dont want to post it on here you can email me at bigr83@hotmail.com Thanks dude!