PDA

View Full Version : Shock & A-Arm question

Rohr397
03-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Okay so I'm really just more curious than anything cause I love my PEP shocks. If you have long travel a-arms, could you take the stock shocks off of one of the newer 450's and make them fit. For example, if you had Lonestar +2 long travel a-arms could you take the stock shocks off of a Yfz450r or Ktm450sx and put them on. Cause I know you can't use stock shocks for a 46 inch wide machine on long travel a-arms, and I know you can't use long travel shocks on stock a-arms. Idk if anyone understands what I'm getting at here lol. I feel like if this is possible it might be a cheaper way to go than all aftermarket cause I've seen and heard great things about some of new OEM shocks for the 50inch wide 450's.

01boneless
03-30-2012, 10:21 PM
idk if its possible or not man,but.. i think you would be better off geting some aftermarket lt shocks set up and valved for your weight and riding style. because by the time you buy the other quad shocks (prolley250-400 bucks and if they will work idk) and mod them to fit you would more than likely have to pay to get them redone anyways imho

Rohr397
03-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I mean like I said this isn't for me lol I'm just wondering.

TheAwesomehonda
03-31-2012, 06:50 AM
I think i know what you talking about but idk if it would work. Find out what the eye to eye on a 450 shock and then measure your current shocks i guess..

chronicsmoke
03-31-2012, 07:00 AM
For the 450s some guys are using LTR 450 arms and modding them to use KTM SX 18.5" shocks..

Or a guy from Quebec on here used DS shocks On an EX on some kind of A-arms but he modded the lower arms..

Not only do you need the correct eye to eye length, but the compressed/extended shock lengths are essential too

quadracer556
03-31-2012, 08:44 AM
the easiest way to be sure would be call lonestar and ask them what the recommended eye to eye length would be on their lt's then measure the shocks in question.