PDA

View Full Version : Can a 700xx be set up for gncc?

xX-Clutch-Xx
03-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Ive never been a yamaha fan, hate 450 maintainence , and they always try to make stuff the hard way. weak clutches, tranny probs, etc. Hondas been the make, even if its been treated like crap, that starts every time. The IRS is what im questioning, and the 500lbs. If they made a straight axle xx with better fuel mapping and shed some lbs it would be perfect. Im on a built 416ex and a yfz450 and im looking at a bb sport quad. Any input would be nice

04-08-2012, 06:42 AM
good to know that i must say it is nice share lovely post

06 Honda 450R
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
I have a 700 with a power commander and a motoworks pipe, with some razrs on it. I honestly cant tell how much it weighs when im riding it and having irs helps alot in the woods not worring about the rear end dragging. The only thing i would change on it is the suspension.... the front end seems to dive alot and seems way softer than the rear. With 20 inch tires on the rear i never touch the clutch while riding in the woods.

I think it would be a great woods bike the way it is and if it is set up correctly, would woop all the 450s butts.

xX-Clutch-Xx
04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Id probably get some holeshot gnccs on it, the slide left and right good and hook up going forward. Id stay stock to keep it quiet, maybe the only time id go fmf on the pipe to keep it quiet
-

D Bergstrom
04-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Width would be the only worry. If you are going to run 20" tires on the rear, you will have to switch to 10" wheels, that will make the rear just over 50" wide. Even if you keep the stock 11" wheels, you will still be around 48" wide. I know I have read most XC quads are around 46" to 47" wide. If the extra width is not a concern, then you should have no problem setting the 700XX up for GNCC.

Your biggest change should be shocks, as 06 Honda 450R mentioned, the fronts are just plain horrible. The only place they belong is in a trash can. Rears don't seem to bad, but have not really had a chance to push them to there limits, I reach the limits on the fronts first. I would say tires and shocks, you should be good to go.

Doug

hotrodhonda400
04-16-2012, 05:15 PM
I agree the front shocks could be upgraded there just underdamped, as far as the weight goes it doesn't feel heavy to me at all. I came from a 400ex which is about 100 pounds lighter and I cant tell the XX weighs 500 pounds keep in mind that is wet full of fluids. You might check into a l8ton sway bar for the tight turns too. The xx has a different rider style than a straight axle instead of powering through corners I kinda roll into them and power out of them if not the front gets to light and pushes a little from all the torque.

Blak92
04-25-2012, 08:18 PM
I raced VetB at Snowshoe last year, 2011. All I have done to mine a a steering stab, L8ton sway bar, houser front arms and shocks, and elkas in the rear. Had I been in shape for that race, I would have gotten 3 laps in and have finished middle of the pack... Get your elkas from Bob Bell at Precision Concepts, the man that did Wayne Matlocks susp... made all the difference in the world with my rears, got them back from service and revalve three weeks ago. The 700XX was made for GNCC.

Baxter
04-30-2012, 03:56 PM
http://www.atvrideronline.com/quads/1010_atvp_honda_700_xx_xc_build/viewall.html

They kinda over did it on the build , but the 700xx loves XC. I did it for 2 years ,here in the UK.

Baxter
04-30-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't know the rules on running GNCC , living in the UK . A little more info on the rules and you're budget , I should be able to help you out.

russellsroost31
05-18-2012, 06:52 AM
a 700xx with a axle would be insane. i wonder if you could do some kind of conversion. i mean u can put a irs system on quads with axles so why not convert a irs quad to a axle

aidendaniel
10-28-2013, 07:38 AM
wanted to also add i am shifting up very quick slower of course than i would do on a 2 stroke but not much