PDA

View Full Version : What can cause this?

Fred55
03-04-2003, 02:21 AM
Well today I went out on a ride with some friends for a few hours, and after about 3 hours, I noticed a good amount of gas was dripping out of the overflow tube from the carb. Now this could have been going on since I got it, or it just could've started...I dont know....I just noticed it though. Im thinking its the floats...but what can make this happen??

I called the dealer and have to take it in and have them check it out!

Help me!

AndrewRRR
03-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Yes, could be the floats, if they are adjusted too high it will keep dumping gas in and going out the overflow. My quad had that problem and it was a piece of debris in the float needle valve area. This will cause the float needle not to seat and gas to continue flowing after the floats reach the cutoff point (similar to having floats adjusted wrong). I'd disassemble the carb, check the float level and check the float needle and seat. If there is no debris and the floats are correct, check the needle valve face and the seat to make sure there is no wear on either.

flyin#5
03-04-2003, 08:18 PM
our 4x4 did this. it wouldnt stop draining and we took it out and n the field and it stopped. it probably bumped the float around a little so thats most likely what it is.

Fred55
03-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Ya thats what I thought...Ill be taking it to the dealer anyway to check it out!