PDA

View Full Version : Goggle Cleaning remedies?

HondaRacing83
03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
I have like 10 pairs of goggles sitting out in my garage and the lense is scratched to hell. Theres Thors Oakleys Smiths Scotts etc out there and I'd like to get them to where they are like wearable. Any home remedies out there for cleaning scratched goggles? I'm using my brand new scotts now and and dont want them turning out like all my other ones.

quad2xtreme
03-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I just buy replacement lens. I also just throw them in the wash with all my other riding gear. I was skeptical when I heard about doing this thinking the foam would get ripped up but it works great.

03-30-2012, 03:42 PM
replace the lenses to freshen up old scratched ones.to properly clean new ones with out scratching them use a good cleaner,like simple green,spray heavily let them soak then spray them down good with a hose.once most of the chunks and grit are gone then it should be safe to use a cloth to assist in the final cleaning.let dry well then treat both sides of the lenses with rain-x to make it easier in the future.

HondaRacing83
03-30-2012, 03:45 PM
theres no way to fix the lenses on these?

03-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Just buff 'er out with some sandpaper and donkey piss

03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
any supplies you would need to fix them are going to cost more than the replacement lenses themselves.plus the time factor.replaced the lenses on my smiths yesterday cost $15 and it took me 30 seconds.

if you're hell bent on doing it you could try the same stuff one would use to fix cd's i guess.that stuff personally never worked for me so thats y my vote is still just replace them.

bbender85
04-02-2012, 06:15 AM
while it won't make them new, i have used this in a pinch with decent results:

http://images.solidcactus.com/autobarn/ch06208.jpg