PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb questions

yamahaboy47
03-30-2012, 07:45 AM
i just wanted to get some peoples ideals on how fit and finished and what i would have to change to put it on my quad. also i would like some pics if uve got some, and i would like to know how i need to install one.

thnks!

AtvKid4Eva
03-30-2012, 08:02 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=314423

everything is in this link ^^

JOHNDOE83
03-30-2012, 03:21 PM
its easy and cheap to install, you dont need a custom adapter only a $4, 2in rubber pipe fitting from home depot.

you dont need a hotstart assembly, although some people prefer it.

mine fit into the intake boot with no modification.

however you decide to install it is up to you, tunning it may be a lil difficult if your inexperienced.

TheAwesomehonda
03-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I had these problems (most people don't have these problems but i guess i was unlucky) 1. I had to buy the $53 zrpilot adapter cuz i couldn't keep it from having a huge air leak any other way 2. On my 05 the it kept the plastic from sitting correctly cuz the gas tank was being pushed up a little 3. In order to be able to use the choke you have to make a custom lever which isn't ez but most people don't seem to need the choke (i do cuz i live in wi and its very cold here haha) 4. I couldn't get it jetted very good and that may have been because of the whole hot start part of it... So the bottom line for me was i couldn't start it in the winter and it didn't add that much performance, but many other people love them but imo save for other stuff...