PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Rocky.......

mxdad423
03-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Hey Rock,
Just wanted to thank you for offering up your clutches out of your pit quad for Brandon's Raptor at Aonia. That was my fault we didn't have our spares with us, I had 2 spare sets that should of been in the trailer but I forgot to put them in there, OOOOPS. It all worked out other than loosing some practice time. But thanks again for the offer.

Kevin Smitley

Logan #34's Dad
03-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Your welcome Kevin. I'd never let Brandon miss the race. We'd walked 1st. We all drive too far and invest too much to be there. If I got a part to help a rider then its all theirs. I've gotten plenty of help along our journey so far so it'd just be wrong for me not to try my best for someone else. I firmly believe in karma. Besides, if its got new clutches - that's one less part I gotta buy later..lol!

mxdad423
03-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Well we definatley appriciated the offer, Brandon would of been bummed if he wouldn't of got to race, he was looking forward all winter to getting back on the track. Just wasn't our weekend, we made it to Rock Hill, SC on the way home and both axles on the right side of the trailer bent, and caused the tires to lean in and rub the inside of the fender wells, the damn trailer is only a year old, and no, it wasn't overloaded. I scaled it on a CAT scale last year after we got it all togeather to make sure and had over 1000 lbs to spare on the axles. We was stuck in Rock Hill till Tuesday about noon, Thank god for Carolina Trailer LLC in Rock Hill, they got us back on the road by then. Lets see, 300.00 for the clutches and shipping Friday, and another 1850.00 to fix the trailer, plus 280.00 for the 2 nights in a motel in Rock Hill, extra fuel, ect ect ect., Yep that weekend cost me over 3000.00. Got to love it.......LOL

Kevin Smitley

Logan #34's Dad
03-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Wow Kevin! Those are the types of expenses people just don't figure in. I know my "budget" could not take that hit.
We had our issues on the way home too. Driving along and had a car drive by and it turned its hazards on and then off.....I kept driving and then thought maybe that was a signal.(80miles later) I start looking in my mirrors and of course I can't see anything in the dark. Eventually I can see that the passengers side trailer tire looks goofy. Soooo, I pull off an exit off the 77 WV turnpike. I find both trailer tires are gone! I was riding on what was left of the beads and the rim. Tore my trailer fender right off and pealed some of the metal sheeting.
Then! I have NO jack! I finally get one of the rims to climb on some wood enough the get a tire on. WELL, the spare was almost flat! Finally I call 911 to see if they can help. BY THE WAY - AAA Plus SUCKS! The 911 dispatcher tells me to get back on the highway and she'll send the courtesy patrol. Something to remember while on the toll road... He has air and a jack. I get squared away n drove home -190miles- on 3 tires!
Extra 3 hours! Wife n kids got out of the RV and to the showers to get to school and work. Glad I work mids!

mxdad423
03-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Wow, sounds like your trip wasn't soo good either, you just never think about something like that happening. With our trailer only being a year old, I definatley didn't expect it, LOL. Believe me my budget wasn't accounted for this one either, it HURT.....But like I told Brandon, it could of been alot worst, could of happened in the dark where I wouldn't of seen the smoke, then we would of went till the tires both blew, and could of had a bad wreck, plus we was lucky enough that where it happened we was only 4.4 miles from Carolina Trailer LLC, what great people. It's a family run bussiness that manufactures trailers and sells parts and they are really good people, guaraunteed when we buy another new trailer, it will come from them, I will drive to Rock Hill to buy it. Missing the 2 days of work and school wasn't good either, thank god my boss is really good to me and he completely understood, now the shcool they are just a**'s about missing days, we got a thing in the mail yesterday for a certified letter from the school I have to go pick up this morning, I'm sure it's about him missing the days, he only missed 7 days this year but last year he only missed 6 and they was threatening me with a fine, guess it will be time to get my attorney to give them a call again, LOL.......

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
03-31-2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the offer Rob, deffinatley appriciate it, you know we would help you any time as well, just give a call. I guess I will know how bad the school is mad at me in a few, as soon as I head to the post office, LOL. You know I could see them being like that is your kid is failing or causes alot of trouble, but Brandon has good grades and has never been in any trouble at school, with the exception in 2nd grade he punched some kid for picking on his buddy, LOL, but other than that nothing else and he's in 8th grade now. Just another way the school dist. tries to collect more money, like they don't get enough of it already from my school taxes. LOL

Kevin Smitley

Logan #34's Dad
03-31-2012, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by jake55
same to you Rocky, were only an hour from you and traveling the same roads, anything happens on the road call us, we'll help anyway we can!!

With my luck, I will be taking you up on your offer Rob. I know I'm S.O.L. on the way to the races because your always leaving so early. LOL