PDA

View Full Version : rebuilt 450r question

russellsroost31
03-29-2012, 07:09 AM
hey guys i have a set of trx 450r triple rate rebuilds on my 400ex i got from my buddy and i was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost me to send them to gt thunder and have them service them and set them up for my weight

chronicsmoke
03-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by russellsroost31
hey guys i have a set of trx 450r triple rate rebuilds on my 400ex i got from my buddy and i was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost me to send them to gt thunder and have them service them and set them up for my weight

How far off in weight are they? Stadium is charging me $150 shock to do pretty much the same thing to my Stadium LTs.. Call LAZ at GTT, Nick at JET, Ian at Monster Perf (many others).. they are all good

russellsroost31
03-29-2012, 08:14 PM
i think these are 210 xc rider and im 150 mx with +2 arms

chronicsmoke
03-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Being that they were already revalved by GTT, I think they would only re-spring them which would be cheaper, I'm having Stadium do my Quad Rate LT shocks (going from 175# to a 210# set up) and he quoted me $150/shock (respring/rebuild).. I think you'd be around the same price from GTT/JET/MP/ect.. Ian at Monster has great customer service and will talk to you on the phone from my experience. Nick at jet is supposed to be a stand up guy and have the best customer service. Don't be shy, they'll are more than helpful when you call.:macho

dxcody
03-31-2012, 01:53 AM
Nick is a really good guy. (Picky as h*ll but i guess thats what you want out of a guy working on stuff like this)

I see him at all the Locals since Jet-Suspension is about 30 mins from my house, and he is very straight up and him and GT Thunder work together so he will either tell you if he can do it or GTT should do it.

Alot of people dont know that, but Nick and Laz actually arent Rivals, as i suspected they would be but Nick told my buddy who has a yfz450x that he would be better off to do HLS from GTT or him than to have any type of revalve/rebuild on them.