PDA

View Full Version : Boot Question

HondaRacing83
03-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Are Axo Boxer boots any good? Also how hard is it to clean white boots? & Are Fly Mavericks any good. More of looking at white thor quadrants. Kinda mad because rmtn doesnt have any boot with an atv sole reasonably priced besides quadrants and they dont have size 12/13. they have white mx quadrants in my size, i had red mx quadrants before and they were ok. id rather have an atv sole but guess i cant. i dont really even wanna consider oneal elements

HondaRacing83
03-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Really considering the Mavericks because they are cheap. Someone give me some input before i order them!

BoneStockHonda
03-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Love my Fly Mavericks! For the price you can't beat them.

Exrider434
03-28-2012, 10:47 PM
From my experience with boots, you'll get what you pay for. With that aside, I love my Scott 450 boots. They're not top of the line but they're not fly boots either they offer good protection and support and they've held up great as well.

HondaRacing83
03-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by BoneStockHonda
Love my Fly Mavericks! For the price you can't beat them. Are they pretty good for trails? Do your feet slip a lot? Right now I'm just running pegs waiting to get full nerfs but I've heard horror stories about MX boots slipping

03-28-2012, 11:13 PM
dont sweat it.i've been running mx style boots since long before there were atv soles and still running them in the woods.if you're real concerned take a file or whatever you got and sharpen up your peg spikes.you will get what you pay for.sometimes our rides go 10-12 hrs so comfort is huge.you'll be glad you paid a little more for comfortable boots at the end of the day.some gel insoles dont hurt either.

HondaRacing83
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
i already did sharpen my pegs haha. did you ever run mx boots with just pegs?

03-29-2012, 10:31 AM
everyday,but at 225lbs i'm not so concerned with slipping.

BlasterEaten250
03-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I also agree with you get what you pay for. For the longest time I had some cheap MSR Axxis boots and I always thought they were just ok. Then one day I broke down and bought Tech 8's and will never look back.

chronicsmoke
03-29-2012, 11:04 AM
I have SG-10 Gaerne boots that I've had for a few years.. Most comfortable boots I've ever owned. My brothers have tried cheaper boots but the buckles were junk.. (Axo's from 2-3 years ago stick out in my head, we could never get the latches to stay closed..)

My boots weren't bright white for too long fwiw.. but they look ballin' when they are brand new..

HondaRacing83
03-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Lol I know the Quadrants buckle system was always great. I just dont know about the flys. They are just to tie me over till next christmas when i can finally pick up some tech 8's. I'm 160-170lbs and 6'1", dont think ill slip? If i spent the money now I'd keep the quadrants for awhile but if I obught the Mavericks as soon as I did everything to my 400 and got the cash Id buy tech 8's. I';mn thinking I might just go with the mavericks for now. They should work really good when i get my new nerfs.

HondaRacing83
04-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Lol ended up ordering Fox Comp 5 Offroads. Should be here thursday or wednesday