PDA

View Full Version : Fox shox pumps

05/450r/10
03-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Dods anybody know of another typed of pump I can buy at a ordinary store just for temporary that will work the same?

03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
i realy dont think a company like fox would let that happen,bad for sales and possibly unsafe.could be wrong interested to hear some more.

blacknblue#2
03-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I would guess a bicycle pump would work but you wouldnt have the luxury of having the gauge on it. Now im sure you could check them with a regular air pressure gauge but you take a chance of loosing some psi when you check them. Buy a set without pumps or what?

03-28-2012, 10:23 PM
no bicycle pump i've ever seen will work.totally different style fittings.

blacknblue#2
03-28-2012, 10:37 PM
I wasnt sure i had never had a set just always thought they appeared to have the same style threaded fitting as most air valves.... I was just making suggesting. Alot of ppl seem to go back to the dealer for spare parts on stuff and Im all for that on some circumstances and this could be one of them due to gettin the correct pressure but ive come to find that alot of times if you do your research alot of the parts in our industry are crossed over from something else...For example, Bearings.. I will never buy a bearing through any dealer unless absolutely have to...Ive not come across one chassis bearing yet that i have not been able to cross over and get it for half or less the price from the original bearing manufacture

03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
i know what you're saying just didnt want him to run down to the local bike shop and waste his money.either way i think he can get replacement pumps online for around $30 a piece.here's the 300psi evol chamber pump...

http://www.polyperformance.com/atv/www.polyperformance.com/atv/Fox-Float-300PSI-Dual-Sided-Pump-p-30034.html

dont forget to get the main chamber 150 psi pump as well.probably about as cheap as you're going to find.

Derrick Adams
03-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Personally I hate those pumps. I won't buy another set of Floats after this set unless they come up with something better. You can set the air pressure and unscrew the pump and hook it right back up and its down 10-20psi.

TheLane
03-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
Personally I hate those pumps. I won't buy another set of Floats after this set unless they come up with something better. You can set the air pressure and unscrew the pump and hook it right back up and its down 10-20psi.

if you read the instruction manual it talks about that....... dont bash it until you do your homework homie.

05/450r/10
03-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks a lot guys but I've had mine but my pumps just let air out when I connect them and I was just looking for a alternate to see if I could just go to the store and pick them up but I guess I just have to wait and buy them I hate waiting for shipments lol

03-29-2012, 07:24 PM
yea derrick you clearly should have ordered an instruction manual on those shocks before you ordered them.thats just what everyone does man,its the new way.do your dam homework....:huh
no i hear you tho,you'd think there would be a better way.

05/450r/10,your only option is expedited shipping if you have ants in your riding pants.the waiting is my least favorite part as well.

iwhip86
03-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Most bike stores sell Shock pumps. And work fine on fox shocks. Im using one from local bike store now. This is a nice 2 step locking valve so it leaks even less. Much more accurate then the fox pumps. Local stores should have it

http://www.amazon.com/RavX-Shock-Single-Action-Alloy/dp/B0060ZC1Q0

03-29-2012, 08:09 PM
well ill be dam***,good stuff.that thing looks real.the fox one seems kinda chinsy especially compared to that one. nice job and thanks

Derrick Adams
03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
maybe some one can point out to me where Fox posts their instruction manual on their website. Guess i'm not seeing it. Matter of fact, I didn't see anything about their pumps advertised on their site before I made the decision to order their shocks.

For the record.. I like the shocks, just hate the pumps.

iwhip86
03-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Manual
http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/605-00-060_E_web.pdf

Shock pump

http://www.myfoxracingshox.com/?pid=40

Derrick Adams
03-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Thank you sir. I like the looks of that Amazon pump though. Think i'm going to try one.

TheLane
03-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Every shock should come with the manual thumper!!

bbender85
04-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by iwhip86
Most bike stores sell Shock pumps. And work fine on fox shocks. Im using one from local bike store now.

exactly what i was going to say. i do just the opposite, use my evol pump for my bicycle rear shock and it works great.