PDA

View Full Version : Pep triple rates stroke?

mx450r919
03-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Called houser to see if my +2.25 long travel arms are made to work with my pep triple rate zps shocks. They said the correct stroke required for the arms are 5.4375'. I don't know the stroke of my shocks and I need to know if I need to sell my peps and buy new fox evolves?

01boneless
03-28-2012, 08:12 PM
call pep and tell them the modle and specs of your shock im sure they could tell you.

mx450r919
03-28-2012, 08:15 PM
No luck, I called sf racing and he wouldn't call me back! Baldwin motorsports wouldn't either. Just seeing if anyone on here would know.

Kovatch
03-29-2012, 09:53 AM
What's the eye-to-eye measurement on the shocks? I know that older Houser a-arms used 18.5" shocks.

How old are your shocks? You can get them rebuilt if you were unsure of the actual shaft travel. Baldwin will put the right shaft in there for those a-arms. I bought used YFZ LT PEPs for my YFZR and had Mark freshen, re-valve, and shorten mine. Simple fix. No need to get brand new shocks.

mx450r919
03-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Kovatch
What's the eye-to-eye measurement on the shocks? I know that older Houser a-arms used 18.5" shocks.

How old are your shocks? You can get them rebuilt if you were unsure of the actual shaft travel. Baldwin will put the right shaft in there for those a-arms. I bought used YFZ LT PEPs for my YFZR and had Mark freshen, re-valve, and shorten mine. Simple fix. No need to get brand new shocks. The eye to eye measurement is 19' 3/4". They are like 3-4 years old. I know that Seth at sf has two different prices, one for revalve and another for rebuild....well when you revalve don't you also rebuild?

D Bergstrom
03-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Measure them yourself. It is easier to do if you remove the springs, but you can do it with them on. Make sure the shocks are fully extended, push the bump stop up some so you can see the bottom of the shock shaft, and measure the length of the exposed shock shaft. (You want a metal to metal distance.) That will get you close.

Doug

Kovatch
03-31-2012, 08:26 AM
I would think these are a rebuild and would require shorter shaft and new valving to accommodate the shorter shaft.

Just knowing the shock length, I would say your shocks are too long. I'm thinking either way you are going to need to get them redone. You don't want a shock that has too much travel or too little. Shocks set up are worth every dollar.

Call Baldwin or SF, tell them your situation and send them in to have them rebuilt/revalved. Expect the revalve price.

mx450r919
03-31-2012, 09:05 AM
I called Seth @ SF and he was great to talk with. Told him my rider skill and weight and everything. He said for the pair of chrome body ZPS shock it will be $150 for a rebuilld/revalve, and if i need two lower springs, its gonna be $120. I think thats a damn good price considering its a time consuming job. Give Seth a call for you guys looking for great customer service!!!