PDA

View Full Version : New toy!

Sweaney
03-28-2012, 07:37 PM
I just picked up this AR and a predator call this last weekend. I can't wait to head out this weekend and find some coyotes.

03-28-2012, 07:50 PM
nice.make? how much? its the one thing that aggravates me about PA is i cant hunt yotes with my AR. i can hunt with a bolt action .50 but not a semi-auto 5.56. will never make any sense to me. i would even stuff 5 mags so i could only hold one round in each.dont want it for the semi-auto just want to use it and have it for something other than a "bump in the night" gun.

Sweaney
03-28-2012, 09:27 PM
It is a Stag Model 6. Can you not hunt with a semi-auto at all in PA?

03-28-2012, 09:32 PM
ah ok,nice unit. no,can not hunt anything but paper targets or home invaders with an AR in PA.

03-28-2012, 09:39 PM
unreal those model 6s boast guaranteed 1/2" moa with ANY ammo.very impressive.i love it when my rifle can shoot better than i can,leaves the room for improvement in the hands of the beholder....and edit to above post,no hunting with any semi-auto in pa period.pretty sure shotguns are included in that as well.

Sweaney
03-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah I did a lot of reading about them before I bought it. Some guys are shooting 1/2" groups at 200 yards. I will see what I can do with it this weekend. That sucks about not being able to use a semi-auto for hunting. I almost got transferred to PA for my job and now I am glad that I did not.

03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
yea its odd,PA has great gun laws too.on the flip side it does force one to really equip a bolt action to the max creating some great 1 shot 1 kill shooters.its a fair trade on the skill end but i would love to go for a mid-west yote hunt with my black rifle.i'm sure you've heard of it but just in case AR15.com is the absolute best place for AR and really all gun info.lots of very wise very experienced folks on there.do alot of searching before you ask a question there tho.those guys get pretty serious about repeating themselves lol.still a great wealth of knowledge there.

Sweaney
03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Well let me know if you are ever out in the midwest and we will go kill some critters. Post up a pic of yours.

03-29-2012, 05:17 PM
i would love to take out some varmints. i dont have the software for my phone to transfer it,have to either wait till the wife gets home and use her droid or one of my buddies with a smart phone.will do tho.currently shopping for some optics for it. i want something like an acog but without the 1000-1,400 price tag.these are what i've found one is similar and the other isnt but still think its a good option.especially out 300-500yds which is what i'm really looking for...

http://www.shopbarska.com/Sniper_Scopes-3-9x42_IR_2nd_Generation_Sniper_Scope_by_Barska.html

http://www.shopbarska.com/Riflescope-BARSKA_1x30_IR_M_16_ELECTRO_SIGHT_SCOPE.html

these things are as addicting as quads.

03-30-2012, 04:11 PM
ok that re-sizing was a pita. here we go tho.need that optic to complete the package,looks naked.shoots pretty good for a 10.5" barrel i must say.bought it in 2003 used but un-fired.did the improved battle zero.fired one shot run a hoppes rag through from the breach out and so on for twenty rounds.groups 1.5"moa open sights on a rest at 100 yds.works for me.got my pistol light/laser combo mounted on it now with the tether switch running to the foregrip.still needs a collap stock tho.too many things too little time.