PDA

View Full Version : ex wont run NEED HELP ASAP

clark687
03-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Ok, so on tuesday i was riding my normal run around the neighborhood, as i went up a hill i felt a huge loss in power, figured it was due to low gas, so i went home, it seem to run slow like i was pulling a sled, couldn't shift 2 to 3 got home,, so i put fresh gas in, still did it, then next day i put a new spark plug in thinking it fauled, no again same issue, next day i decided to take off the carb an clean it, as i removed the cover that protects the throttle, a spring an peice of plastic fell out(as shown in picture)... the air vavle assembly, so i spent the 60 dollars for this little peice of plastic:mad:,,, an today i put it on,, ok now it wont even start it blew some smoke out whitish blue, but it was a lil cold today, i got it to idle, but as soon as i give it a lil gas it'll shut off, an wont restart, it back fired,
its a brand new carb jetted,

so bummed.. needs help, :huh :huh :huh

03-28-2012, 07:21 PM
seems like the carb issue was a coincidence and its time for a rebuild if you're blowing smoke and it won't run.

clark687
03-28-2012, 07:26 PM
i just had a rebuild done, gaskets an rings was told the piston was in good shape,

03-28-2012, 07:40 PM
if its good there should not be any smoke.what did they say about the valves?they may have gotten the ring offsets incorrect.i would be on the phone with the shop immediately.if i replace a top end and have to get in there again in 2 months for something i replace the piston and rings in the same shot everytime.

clark687
03-28-2012, 07:52 PM
i got screwed, my bro told me about his shop, that they do motor rebuilds an work, so i took it there, then i goto pick it up an no one has any clue about my motor, so come to find out it was a inhouse job make some side money, the guy wanted 300 i paid him 100 due to no warrenty, it ran good for like 4 months now, so pissed.. bought my bike for 800, rebuilt it for 600.. now im sittin on nada thing..

TheAwesomehonda
03-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Well i don't know what to tell you.. hhmmmm well check the compression that will rule out the piston and valves. and tell us how that goes.

clark687
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Is that something i can do in my garage with a tool from pep boys??

03-28-2012, 08:08 PM
its bad experiences like this why i only work on my own sh** now.most random shops have no idea whats going on. took my quad to EAST COAST ATV for a bunch of minor stuff i didnt have time for...i.e. new upper ball joints,new chain and sprockets (had 14/38 gearing and thats what i wanted back on it), my rear brakes were shot (pads and rotor),new head gsket (leaking and i brought the cometic with it) and 3 stripped valve cover bolts.i got it back a month later.....the balls joint rubbers were dry rotted,sprocket gearing was 15/38,they put on a new rotor never replaced the pads metal was showing,head gasket still leaked,valve cover bolts weren't fixed?????????fu***** worthless dave you suck a** and so do your shop monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the only thing they did right was sell me beadlocks....suprised that was right. $1,300 later all i had was some new beadlocks.premier shop on the east coast my a**.....more ike premier joke!!nothing but clowns.i should have known when i called the shop and no one answers.the message says dont leave a voicemail then directs you to call the owners (dave) cell number.you do that and it says dont leave a message i'll see that you called and i'll call you back or you can try to txt me?????LOL CLOWNS.

sorry back on topic.dont sweat it.get yourself a service manual and when you decide what you want you can surely do it yourself with simple tools and a little help from some folks on here.and if you get a chance kick that guy that did the work in the nuts.good luck

clark687
03-28-2012, 08:16 PM
i agree, i did the whole rebuild on the quad myself that was a nightmare!! lol anyway it is what it is, i just hope its something easy not bigg

TheAwesomehonda
03-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by clark687
Is that something i can do in my garage with a tool from pep boys?? You need a gauge and adapter for the size spark plug..

clark687
04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Quads fixed finally took a day off from the fire station to work on her, it was the carb, i jetted the carb an over time the two small screws came fully off, leaving the piston stationary, got two new screws tightened er up, had it started sounded great, waiting on battery to charge so i can ride again.. so freaking happy!!!

TheAwesomehonda
04-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by clark687
Quads fixed finally took a day off from the fire station to work on her, it was the carb, i jetted the carb an over time the two small screws came fully off, leaving the piston stationary, got two new screws tightened er up, had it started sounded great, waiting on battery to charge so i can ride again.. so freaking happy!!! So your talking about the piston in the carb right? If so that happened to me once recently but i can't beleave i didn't think of that and tell you. Yeah they most come from the factory with those screws not to tight and all of the sudden that happens. When i happened to me it would still run but wouldn't rev out. It was ez to find cuz i just looked in the carb bore and saw that when i pushed on the trottle the piston wouldn't lift.

clark687
04-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Exactly what happen. Lol its all good it.was a.easy fix an im not.worried. just cant wait.to get.off.an.ride.