PDA

View Full Version : carb question

pdanko
03-28-2012, 06:27 PM
k i was on here b4 and had a 03 400 that is suckin air from somewhere? poppin through carb and runnin hot, well after the 5th time puttin it back together and it doin the same thing i had about had it. tried to clean the carb out , checked the boot, the seal between the jug and boot , my buddy told me to check the crankcase? this possible? anyway tonight i was messin w it and had it idling but anything off idle was poppin and actin up. So i took some carb cleaner and sprayed on top of the carb around the gold plate/cap on top and as long as i kept dousin it every so often it seemed to rev fine and i even held it just off idle (maybe 1/8 -1/4 ) and it wasn't doin it. is that plate known to leak and how do i fix that ? new gasket? rtv? help please! i wanna ride!!!! thanx

03-28-2012, 06:31 PM
have you made sure the header is tight? i can run mine with the carb cap off with no problems so i doubt its that. have you done any mods that would require jetting alterations...i.e. dif air filter/new pipe?

03-28-2012, 06:33 PM
if its running better when you spray it with an accelerant it sounds like you're not getting fuel.is your petcock plugged,the line going in? did you tear the float bowl off and clean everything well?

pdanko
03-28-2012, 07:30 PM
had the bottom of the carb off and sprayed it out good, looked through the jets that i took out and sprayed all the passages out really good i thought? could it be the a/f screw? what is the stock position? i'm gonna pull the carb back off and spray it all down again tommorow if i get home from work (sux) at a decent time. also gonna check the petcock since you mentioned it, think i may have noticed a little diminished flow the one time, thnx

TheAwesomehonda
03-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Stock on the a/f screw is around 2 1/2 turns from seated..