PDA

View Full Version : xc suspension

thebig450es
03-28-2012, 04:55 PM
I have front elite Shocks from GT thunder set up by laz for xc, What is the gereral range for xc shocks for jumps?

03-28-2012, 06:03 PM
there are so many variables (the individual shock,your weight,landing ramp type,how you land...even,front wheel first,rear wheel first)its hard to give a one size fits all answer.best way is to go out and experiment starting small but you will probly end up in a medium range..i.e. at 225lbs with my pep triples with remote rezzies going 80+ ft out,6ft high to flat landing with rears touching down slightly first i've had no problems.

coryatver
03-28-2012, 07:02 PM
They will handle anything you throw at them. Watch old heuvos videos they were launching 400exs with stock shocks farther than you would ever think of doing.

03-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
They will handle anything you throw at them. Watch old heuvos videos they were launching 400exs with stock shocks farther than you would ever think of doing.

the shocks can handle alot of things yes but i have an old frame out back that's broken in 7 places from watching old huevos videos when i was younger and launching wildly with less than adequate shocks. something has to give in these situations.best to err on the side of caution sometimes unless you dont mind replacing frames often.

Stickman400
03-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by PAxcThumper
the shocks can handle alot of things yes but i have an old frame out back that's broken in 7 places from watching old huevos videos when i was younger and launching wildly with less than adequate shocks. something has to give in these situations.best to err on the side of caution sometimes unless you dont mind replacing frames often. Lol, I used to do that same thing and I ended up hucking my 75 ft. tabletop with the stock 400 shocks so many times that they blew out, literally. I landed SO hard that it felt like I broke my ankles and my hands when I did, it was bad.

Nac's22
03-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Stickman400
Lol, I used to do that same thing and I ended up hucking my 75 ft. tabletop with the stock 400 shocks so many times that they blew out, literally. I landed SO hard that it felt like I broke my ankles and my hands when I did, it was bad.

Lol been there done that, never doing that again. Sooooo thankful for aftermarket suspension.

thebig450es
03-29-2012, 09:07 AM
so it sounds like i should be fine in the 40' range then. Thanks

03-29-2012, 10:28 AM
yea 40' you should be fine,just as long as you arent acid dropping 40'.