PDA

View Full Version : Aonia video ATVA Nationals-round 1

thequadfather+2
03-28-2012, 01:03 PM
This is the video edit from round 1 of the ATVA nataionals (2012). This place is difficult to film because of the lay-out of the track. The best place to film is from behind the starting gate but they limit access to that section. Sometimes I could get in and sometimes I couldnt:devil: ........I mean I can only forget so many tool boxes, shirts and goggles that I need to go back in the tunnel for. Filming from the stands is impossible.

I think the other tracks will be easier to get better footage. Sorry if I didnt get your class, it is tough to get my stuff ready to race and break away to go film. I will be trying to get some other classes at the other races.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZQCJ1G0Eg30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rich243
03-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Nice!!!

jay-r
04-01-2012, 02:40 PM
As always, great video. Keep up the good work. The youth quad classes need all the exposure they can get. I paricuarly like the shot of the girls class in staging. But, I am a little partial. :D

djdfairchild
04-02-2012, 03:05 PM
what kind of camera do you use? i have been looking for a goos HD camera and can't find one i like yet, i have no problem spending good money for one but want one that has a decent amount of optical zoom and prefer flash drive over hard drive. your videos look real good want to be able to make some that nice

thequadfather+2
04-02-2012, 03:52 PM
The camera is a Canon-Vixia HF G10. It records video on it's hard drive and flash memory. You can set it up to record on either. I record on hard drive and the camera will swap to flash memory when the hard drive gets full. It has two SD cards. It uses an HDMI cable to transfer data to the computer or TV and the image on your TV is rediculous. You Tube lowers the quality. This camera will record in Blue Ray quality.

Amazon has it fairly cheap compared to most places. Read the reviews. If sound is important you can get the model with the external mic. This is a very nice camera.

I have edited with Pinnacle Studio in the past. The last couple movies were done with Imovie on a Mac. The last slow motion edit was done using Final Cut pro. It has the ability to layer sound tracks and a bunch of other cool stuff but it can be more complicated than Imovie or Pinnacle. Hope this helps.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_270656_-1#BVRRWidgetID

djdfairchild
04-02-2012, 04:35 PM
that helps alot, i use pinnacle, its real easy but seems kind of limited, i want to get a mac, this will give me a reason