PDA

View Full Version : ideas on shipping a quad

JAWill2
03-28-2012, 11:37 AM
I was curious if anyone could help out with some information on shipping a quad? I have bought a 250R and have no idea on getting it shipped to me. Unfortunately the quad is in Texas and I am in Indiana. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. I know shipping quads is becoming very popular, just have never had to do it before now.

Thanks,
Josh

Hult250R
03-28-2012, 12:26 PM
I had a 250R shipped from Iowa to Arizona through Yellow truck lines

Strapped the quad to a pallet and brought it to their terminal.

The buyer picked it up at the Yellow terminal near him.

It was a few years ago but i believe it was around $350 to ship it.

JAWill2
03-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks, I will check into it to see if there is a terminal near me close. Do you know where they are out of?

03-28-2012, 01:58 PM
cartransportationusa. ...........just had my ltr shipped through them.couple special circumstances (enclosed trailer/vehicle,needed to be picked up on a certain day,residential pickup and delivery,with 20,000 ins coverage) and they were able to get it sorted out in less than a week.a lot of companies would do it for the same price (about 830 with all my requirements) but said a 4-6 week turnaround time.mine was picked up friday at 6pm i was riding it aroung tues at 10 pm (wisconsin to eastern PA).they did all the work,no palletizing,no draining fuel,no disconeccting battery and the seller had a pretty good size box of parts (2 headlight assemblys,5 air filters,1 grab bar,oil filter,full graphics kit,full carbon fiber parts kit,all electronics,twist throttle and i'm sure i'm missing something) and they brought it for nothing no complaints or charges.hands down flawless experience.i paid alot from the extras so dont let that concern you just give them a call and get a free quote.they'll pick it up from your door and drop it off at theirs or vice versa.A+++++. btw,i called atleast 15 people including the shipping wars tv show company and dealt with alot of a** holes,these guys were very nice to deal with.they acted like you were doing them a favor not the other way around. good luck

ktmmack
03-30-2012, 05:24 PM
check out Uship.com best way to ship a quad, no need to crate or pallet.

03-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by ktmmack
check out Uship.com best way to ship a quad, no need to crate or pallet.

yea they were on the list of people i called but wanted over a grand with my stipulations.....probably would be fine for most circumstances but didnt work for me.if it has to be complex call the ones i mentioned but uship i did like too just weren't for me.

337450r
03-31-2012, 04:41 PM
forwardair.com, they provide the crate, all you do is pull it in, strap it down and off it goes on airplane, @600 when I did it

JAWill2
04-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Thank you all for the help, has any one use Specialized Transportation Inc before? If so I would like to hear about the experience.

Thanks,
Josh