PDA

View Full Version : Fox float

fast shee
03-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Asking if anyone has tried fox floats ( non rezzy )for a set of stock a arms and swingarm. I saw some on flea bay for front and rear. How do they perform and are they worth it or just go lt instead. Will mostly run xc and a little fun on the mx track. Will be looking for some suspension in the next few weeks

djdfairchild
03-27-2012, 08:31 PM
i run the fox floats without the res. and the float on the back. works very well and is alot litter than a sprung shock. my son is about 60lbs with gear and they have performed very well, i even have elka res. shocks but i am not going to change then, i will sell the elkas if you want them. as for going long travel it depends on riding style, and rider weight. i have no need for it yet and for cc i would think staying narrow would be nice.

fast shee
03-28-2012, 05:20 AM
We have not even had a chance to run the bike more than up and down the street but the rear spring seems weak and the front a bit stiff for the little stutter bumps from just pushing on both ends. How do the floats resist bottoming out for jumps? Valving seem to be decent or too soft? Send me a pm for price and pics of the elkas iff you can. Thanks.

fast shee
03-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Pm'd you