PDA

View Full Version : Pa/oh Riders Attention Please Read!

HondaRacing83
03-26-2012, 06:42 PM
There will be a Harescramble held on April 15th in Nw Pa. Linesville to be exact. PM me for more info, please come if you can! This could apply to East Ohio riders to! Linesville is right by Ohio. We want a huge turnout there is one September 2nd also!

ben300
03-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
There will be a Harescramble held on April 15th in Nw Pa. Linesville to be exact. PM me for more info, please come if you can! This could apply to East Ohio riders to! Linesville is right by Ohio. We want a huge turnout there is one September 2nd also!

just for your benefit....why dont you just post the info instead of having ppl pm you....

HondaRacing83
03-27-2012, 01:48 PM
True. Are you gonna run it Ben? Its in Linesville PA at Pymatuming Holeshot raceway. It is April 15th, there is another one one September 2nd. Bikes start at 11, Quads start at 2. Its a 1.5 hour race, oh and minis start before that More info is on there website.

ben300
03-27-2012, 02:03 PM
True. Are you gonna run it Ben? Its in Linesville PA at Pymatuming Holeshot raceway. It is April 15th, there is another one one September 2nd. Bikes start at 11, Quads start at 2. Its a 1.5 hour race, oh and minis start before that More info is on there website.

honestly, id love to cause im getting the itch to go do some long rides and some HS's.....but that's the first weekend of trout season and i always go up to tionesta with family and friends that weekend. plus i wont be medically cleared by the doctor yet to at that time to ride. im to have my leg/knee in one of those like ASTERIK looking knee braces for another 5 weeks (including this one).....i wont even be able to fish from the water.

but the one in september i will definitely be coming to. Will probalby bring a couple of buddies to run it as well

HondaRacing83
03-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Alright cool! and that really blows about not being able to ride. I'll be at the one in september also. what do you ride?

ben300
03-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Alright cool! and that really blows about not being able to ride. I'll be at the one in september also. what do you ride?

when i was in highschool, i had a 400ex but sold it before college..dumb decision..rode my old mans 450 foreman es throughout college when id do poker runs or ride in the winter..

recentl bought a 2005 400ex

ben300
03-27-2012, 08:15 PM
and i just can not ride..i cant ride, ski, run, lift legs at thte gym, mtn bike, wake board.....it really sucks!

im just trying to get my leg good so i can be good to wake board when the water is warm enough in may

HondaRacing83
03-28-2012, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by ben300
and i just can not ride..i cant ride, ski, run, lift legs at thte gym, mtn bike, wake board.....it really sucks!

im just trying to get my leg good so i can be good to wake board when the water is warm enough in may that blows. how long till you can again? got any plans for the 400? haha it looks almost identical to mine when I got it new

HondaRacing83
03-28-2012, 05:05 AM
that blows. how long till you can again? got any plans for the 400? haha it looks almost identical to mine when I got it new not new, but used but new to me haha

ben300
03-28-2012, 06:20 AM
that blows. how long till you can again? got any plans for the 400? haha it looks almost identical to mine when I got it new

ahh...well, i dunno. i go in for another check up with the sports orthoped next tuesday to see how my mcl is doing in terms if it strengthening up.......im according to him, supposed to be in the knee bracke for another 4 weeks yet, so basically till the end of april. from then on, i guess he says maybe i might need PT after that.....honestly, my leg feels 100x better than it did the week after the accident, so its definitely healing....

..im pretty stubborn, so im always out doing stuff even though im not supposed to. ive been hitting the gym 4-6 days a week since the end of august last year and i havent stopped doing tht, ive just cut out my leg work outs till im cleared.....whats killing me is i cant do cardio....i did hte stationary bike the other day just to see how it felt, and it felt ok...so i may start swimming next week

i dont have much plans for it...just ordered a brushed (color) hmf performance slip on, hmf jet kit, and k&n filter package for it for $300 bucks. im gonna put some fat bars on it, and maybe some holeshot hd's or razr2's out back....but other than that...she's mainly staying stock

i dont really race, i jsut do poker runs, and lots of trail riding and dicking around on the farm, so building it up would be pointless

OldGuyonaQuad
03-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Damn you guys are a five iron away from Lake Erie, too bad I would really like to try a HS but not 14 hours round trip. I'm too chicken $h!t @ my age to take any tables but blasting around on the trails for an hour and a half would be fun.

gl with your event and also with your PT/rehab Ben.

HondaRacing83
03-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks old guy! &Ben your quad is so clean! Everytime I look at it I think I wish mine could be that clean! Thats pretty cool, HMF's sound pretty good. You got a pretty good deal to, I'd put an Outerwears on that k&n. If your looking into fat bars take a look at Magura. They are stock bars on a Ktm but I guess there amazing and take out so much vibration and are way better than renthal or pro taper fat bars. Where is there any poker runs left any more?! The biggest one like ever was the cochranton one and it got shut down if I'm correct. Closest one is houtzdale i think. My cousins been going on some in Ohio, Im gonna have to get some more info on that

ben300
03-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
gl with your event and also with your PT/rehab Ben.

Thanks old guy. the leg is really getting better. it has its weak points, but it isnt bad...its just driving me nuts cause i sit at a desk all day at work, and its killing me cause i want to do my cardio exercises and workouts and im not supposed to, so im really watching what i eat ......

Thanks old guy! &Ben your quad is so clean! Everytime I look at it I think I wish mine could be that clean! Thats pretty cool, HMF's sound pretty good. You got a pretty good deal to, I'd put an Outerwears on that k&n. If your looking into fat bars take a look at Magura. They are stock bars on a Ktm but I guess there amazing and take out so much vibration and are way better than renthal or pro taper fat bars. Where is there any poker runs left any more?! The biggest one like ever was the cochranton one and it got shut down if I'm correct. Closest one is houtzdale i think. My cousins been going on some in Ohio, Im gonna have to get some more info on that

haha, thanks Honda83.....it truly is a super clean quad, and had been taken good care of before i got it. you wouldnt believe how much i got it for......i bought it off one of my best friends that i ride with all the time. he had it and wanted to upgrade, so he bought a built ltr xc bike that some kid won the xc1 class in the AWRCS series last year........any who, he paid like $1800, and i bought it off him for like $1600!....he may have did a total of 4 poker runs on it, and he took it to hatfield mccoy fo a couple days....but he took excellent care of it, and its still in just as good of condition

i really dont have much planned for it....ill probably end up getting a set of tusk cr bend fat bars for it along with the pipe kit i got.......i know i know, they're cheapo's...but my best frined from highschool raced two seaons of mx up at linesville and at switchback with those bars on a baldwin built 450r, so thats what im going with...

im just keeping it plain jane, and just gonna enjoy riding it..im almost 25, and my prospects for racing are slim ot none. im really big into waking boarding and am looking to buy a house at lake latonka which is right off the mercer exit, off of I79...and me and my brother are probably gonna sell our ski boat, adn buy a 2008 or newer wake boat here in two years when he graduates college and commissions in the army...so my days of dumping money into quads is basically done for awhile haha :cool:

HondaRacing83
03-29-2012, 09:14 AM
haha you did get that for a steal! i guess tusk fatbars arent that bad either, and it sounds like a good plan! my grandpa owns a cottage at canadohta lake and its always a blast going up there

coryatver
03-29-2012, 09:19 PM
I am going if I get my quad back together in time! waiting for motor and frame to get back!

HondaRacing83
03-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Ok cool! What do you ride? I'll see you there!

03-29-2012, 09:50 PM
dam ben i tore my mcl (second time same leg)less than 4 weeks ago and last week i rode 3 times for about an hour each.there are different levels i guess so you must've done a good one.anyway point being at my ripe old age (almost 32) and the hundreds of wrecks on various machines/things i decided to look into some joint supplements thx to joe montana.well i looked into joint juice and found out immediately it was essentially worthless and after hours and hours of research i found this stuff.....

http://www.mendamine.com/

been taking it for exactly 3 weeks now and i really just cant say enough good about it.going to do a good review on it here in the open forum soon but figured you could benefit immediately.their website is the cheapest place to buy it,full refund if you're not happy yada yada.seriously man dont wait.i wish it were around when i was your age,probably could've avoided some injuries in the last couple years and been without the pain/lack of motion/horrible noises in certain joints as well.they recommend a larger dose (6)than i have been taking (4)and the results have been stellar.as i heal more i'll probably drop back to 2-3 per day.and yea i know just try to ignore the elderly couple on their homepage,we're not there yet.good luck

ben300
03-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by PAxcThumper
dam ben i tore my mcl (second time same leg)less than 4 weeks ago and last week i rode 3 times for about an hour each.there are different levels i guess so you must've done a good one.anyway point being at my ripe old age (almost 32) and the hundreds of wrecks on various machines/things i decided to look into some joint supplements thx to joe montana.well i looked into joint juice and found out immediately it was essentially worthless and after hours and hours of research i found this stuff.....

http://www.mendamine.com/

been taking it for exactly 3 weeks now and i really just cant say enough good about it.going to do a good review on it here in the open forum soon but figured you could benefit immediately.their website is the cheapest place to buy it,full refund if you're not happy yada yada.seriously man dont wait.i wish it were around when i was your age,probably could've avoided some injuries in the last couple years and been without the pain/lack of motion/horrible noises in certain joints as well.they recommend a larger dose (6)than i have been taking (4)and the results have been stellar.as i heal more i'll probably drop back to 2-3 per day.and yea i know just try to ignore the elderly couple on their homepage,we're not there yet.good luck

thanks man, ill really check that out. i take a ton of suppliments for various things. i really upped my calcium intake. my calcium intake has always been good and i have good bones and bone density (knock on wood), buti upped it....i don know off the top of my head right now how many mg im taking in, but its somewhere around 400% of what my daily need is for calcium

see the problem is, the mcl tear wasnt really that bad...it was the broken fib/tib that was bad.....where the fib broke is where the lcl tendon roots itself to the bone...the way i broke the top ball of the fib, if it would have become displaced, it would have tore the lcl off the bone, which would have been worse than just tearing it in teh middle.......but some how, the fracture in teh fib wasnt a displaced fracture, there fore i didnt have to have pins or rods in the bone, and didnt have to have any lcl surgery...right now its kinda wainting game for hte bone to heal...im getting super fooking ancy though...i want to get back to full steam in the gym

the doc says im super lucky. probably one of the luckiest ppl he's ever met in terms of this injury....he says ineed to slow my skiing down...haha, aint happening.....im an expert level skiier. if id of moved out wet when i was younger, i could of gone pro at big mountain skiing or ski racing...but, my parents didnt want to do that......its tough to slow somethign down when you've been skiing like that your whole life...and i love it....itd be like telling chad wienen "hey man, slow down"....

anywho...i drew on this pic how the bones broke in red since i dont have coppies of the MRI or xrays..

03-30-2012, 08:51 AM
first of all,to appease the topic police(even tho it says off topic posting allowed??????????????????)let me say that me and the crew would love to come out and rip this event but the dates dont line up and it is a 12 hour tour as well.not feeling it right now.good luck with getting it going tho.

ok ben,gotcha,didnt realize it was a break compounding the tears.that definately does make a diference.i see now why you havent been riding at all,lol.geez.sorry man.thats a tough spot but looks like the doc is rigt you dd get extremely lucky. if you look into those supplements you'll see there's not only the 25 joint health ingredients,there's also a sh** ton of essential daily vitamins and such.just watch those "B's"they make you hungry as hell so a good diet is important.keep in mind to get the 200% they recommend you need to take 6 pills a day.even with all my stuff going on i still felt that was a little extreme.not to mentin 6 pills is a one months supply 3 will stretch it 2 months and you're still getting 100% daily of all those vitamins.to me i couldnt afford not to do it at that rate ya know?

http://www.jointsupplementsreviewed.com/joint-supplement-reviews/mendamine-review/

here's a link to the review i stumbled on.it really gives great detail on all aspects they look for and why this one has ranked so high.as you will see the only thing (8 out of 9) its missing that they look for is curcumin which is an anti inflammatory.good luck bro,sucks being down.i'm going through it now as well.