PDA

View Full Version : Clutch setup help

brysn424
03-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Ok guys. My 4 yr old is not aggressive on his drr. I need to detune or tune or whatever u want to call it. I want the clutch to engage as soon as he touches the throttle. Or as close to that as possible. I have a stock clutch and a stage 6 clutch. Which is better for what I'm looking to do??? I am new to cvts. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Even if it's not clutch related. Thanks.

fomospede
03-27-2012, 02:25 AM
either clutch is fine
i would gear it down
50cc doesnt offer much torque

nitrofish
03-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Either clutch will work. Either put the stock in for a lower stall or "loosen" the shoe springs in the S6 clutch. Make sure there is some tension on the S6 springs, the little allen heads can work themselves loose. You could also lower your overall roller weight. This combo will give a less agrressive hit at the throttle and lower top speed with decent acceleration. This was the set-up I went with when my son was young.

brysn424
03-27-2012, 07:06 AM
That's what I neede to know. What weight rollers did u run? And which main spring?

djdfairchild
03-27-2012, 08:50 AM
you may want to look into a 16mm carb.. with the 50's you really have to keep the rpms up with the 21mm carbs. my son would never stay in the throttle, so i put the 16mm on it so it would pull low end better . came out of the corners much better. this is not a good setup for big tracks or long straight aways if the stay in the throttle, but for beginners who don't stay in the trottle it works great.

nitrofish
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by djdfairchild
you may want to look into a 16mm carb.. with the 50's you really have to keep the rpms up with the 21mm carbs. my son would never stay in the throttle, so i put the 16mm on it so it would pull low end better . came out of the corners much better. this is not a good setup for big tracks or long straight aways if the stay in the throttle, but for beginners who don't stay in the trottle it works great.

Yes! I forgot we had the 16mm carb. djdfairchild hit it on the head. We liked the red malossi spring with 2.75-3.5 rollers. The lower the weight the more rpms he was turning but not moving as fast. I progressed him up a bit at a time (roller weight) until we reached our desired goal. Matt.

brysn424
03-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys. Helps more than u know. Thanks again.