PDA

View Full Version : piston rings ect.....

killed300ex
03-04-2003, 12:56 AM
ok well the motor is making a bad sound lil i think its time to rebuild it. I think a bearing went in the bottom end so im planing on puting in a completly new top end since its gonna be apart. What do i need for parts and how much is it gonna cost i think im gonna try to get it through the site sponcer so plaese make a list of what i need i want a high comp piston rings gaskets all the lil gadgets ect... Also how much should i expect to have the cylender bored .40 over and how many ccs will be added in doing that? So what brand piston should i use? Prices are good to. Please help im expecting about 150 for bore and piston gaskets ect.... How far am i off on that guess. Im working on a tight budget so i was thinking just a standard weisco piston kit for 100 would be good but what your opinions. Thanks
killed

Dune Surfer
03-04-2003, 01:05 AM
Call C&D

killed300ex
03-04-2003, 01:09 AM
i will call when i want to order but i dont think they have a 188 number and my parents get pissed off when i make long distance calls. So im just wanting an estament. Also looking for what kind i should get?
killed

toby400ex
03-04-2003, 01:56 AM
i will make a estimate for ya buddy

$+$+$+$+$+$+$+$+$+$+$+$+$+$+$= BIG $$:eek2: :(

"BLAHH"300!!
03-04-2003, 05:22 AM
this is an e-mail i got the other day.
i asked him what i should do, to beat piped blasters 300's and warriors.
and make 400's work.
this is HIS reply to me. my buget is around $500.oo your's my be higher or lower...just read the parts list in there.
i will be doing this to mine in about 2 months. i'm going to get more cash, and do it all.
piston, cam, valves, springs, clutch, pipe, filter.
most of you say "BUY A 400 AND BE DONE WITH IT"
i don't want a 400....i do, but i like my 300. it's wide low and light.
i'm a smaller guy, and like to tweek it's light weight in the air.
i can't really do that on a 400. i've tried.
also after i do the motor, i'l be adding a larger carb.

ok sounds like you just need to freshen up your quad and add some more additional power also

heres what i would do (this is just the engine you might find there are bushings gone in the a-arms and your rear bearing carrier might be shot)

but engine mods for $500

cam
air filter (k+n)
stock bore high compression piston (you choose 11:1 is highest you want to go with
possible porting pump gas, if you get 12:1 or 13:1 i have 13:1 i but i have to run 110 octane gas so race gas is required for anything over 11:1 compression)
i realy would replace that exhaust if you want power dont get the alien it isnt worht it trust me

the best you can get is LRD LRd makes the best 300ex exhaust no doubt about it they are the loudest however and most exspensive and also have a waiting list but they are well worth it

if you want a good cheap pipe i would go with tc racing moddified super trap setup thats the real short super trapp cost about $200

ok it will prob come out to $500 with out a exhaust if you want me to do your side case and so on um also you will need a new gasket for that side case and also two new gaskets for the top end so you know that is why that comes out to about $500

i will prob charge you a flat rate of $100 for all the work and then the parts thats a pretty good deal considering most get $65 an hour around here but i garrenty you to be happy with it.

so a cam,air filter,high compression piston, possible porting pending on cost of motor work.

a cam all gaskets needed, high compression piston,air filter will prob cost you all together $500 with my labor charge and then the price of all the parts i will prob need like here is a list of things i will most likely need seeing how she isin sad shape

ok

cam, $150
air filter $45
piston high compression wiseco ?? $around 100
head gasket $10
base gasket $20
side case gasket $17
you might need a clutch update for your new power usualy if the clutch is alright shape you can just put stiff springs in there and that would work springs $ 45
stiffer valve springs $125
valve guide seals so the new motor isnt buring oil $10

those are prob what you will find you need in that engine those are estemated parts prices and you chose what you want out of them
if you get a cam i reccomend stiff valve springs
and with your new power you might need stiff clutch springs and maybe new clutch plates

with the work i will also be spending a great deal of time to get it jetted but i cant say it will be jetted right i will have to do guess work unless i have somehting to put the motor in but i will basically get it close for you

um let me know what you want to do

you said you had a stock pistom tell me if you want to use that i also have a stock 5 hour old psiton and rings but its up to you
when taking the motor apart you can reuse gaskets so you need gaskets knowmatter what.
you should get the valve guide seals
you should get the cam and high compression piston but thn you will need stiffer valve springs and prob clutch springs so it can hook up that extra power

if you send it to me and want the high compression piston, cam, valve springs, maybe some porting, air filter you will beable to beat that 400ex

thanks and sorry for the long letter im trying help ya and explain what you will prob need

"cut n paste"

stocktires
03-04-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
this is an e-mail i got the other day.
i asked him what i should do, to beat piped blasters 300's and warriors.
and make 400's work.
this is HIS reply to me. my buget is around $500.oo your's my be higher or lower...just read the parts list in there.
i will be doing this to mine in about 2 months. i'm going to get more cash, and do it all.
piston, cam, valves, springs, clutch, pipe, filter.
most of you say "BUY A 400 AND BE DONE WITH IT"
i don't want a 400....i do, but i like my 300. it's wide low and light.
i'm a smaller guy, and like to tweek it's light weight in the air.
i can't really do that on a 400. i've tried.
also after i do the motor, i'l be adding a larger carb.

ok sounds like you just need to freshen up your quad and add some more additional power also

heres what i would do (this is just the engine you might find there are bushings gone in the a-arms and your rear bearing carrier might be shot)

but engine mods for $500

cam
air filter (k+n)
stock bore high compression piston (you choose 11:1 is highest you want to go with
possible porting pump gas, if you get 12:1 or 13:1 i have 13:1 i but i have to run 110 octane gas so race gas is required for anything over 11:1 compression)
i realy would replace that exhaust if you want power dont get the alien it isnt worht it trust me

the best you can get is LRD LRd makes the best 300ex exhaust no doubt about it they are the loudest however and most exspensive and also have a waiting list but they are well worth it

if you want a good cheap pipe i would go with tc racing moddified super trap setup thats the real short super trapp cost about $200

ok it will prob come out to $500 with out a exhaust if you want me to do your side case and so on um also you will need a new gasket for that side case and also two new gaskets for the top end so you know that is why that comes out to about $500

i will prob charge you a flat rate of $100 for all the work and then the parts thats a pretty good deal considering most get $65 an hour around here but i garrenty you to be happy with it.

so a cam,air filter,high compression piston, possible porting pending on cost of motor work.

a cam all gaskets needed, high compression piston,air filter will prob cost you all together $500 with my labor charge and then the price of all the parts i will prob need like here is a list of things i will most likely need seeing how she isin sad shape

ok

cam, $150
air filter $45
piston high compression wiseco ?? $around 100
head gasket $10
base gasket $20
side case gasket $17
you might need a clutch update for your new power usualy if the clutch is alright shape you can just put stiff springs in there and that would work springs $ 45
stiffer valve springs $125
valve guide seals so the new motor isnt buring oil $10

those are prob what you will find you need in that engine those are estemated parts prices and you chose what you want out of them
if you get a cam i reccomend stiff valve springs
and with your new power you might need stiff clutch springs and maybe new clutch plates

with the work i will also be spending a great deal of time to get it jetted but i cant say it will be jetted right i will have to do guess work unless i have somehting to put the motor in but i will basically get it close for you

um let me know what you want to do

you said you had a stock pistom tell me if you want to use that i also have a stock 5 hour old psiton and rings but its up to you
when taking the motor apart you can reuse gaskets so you need gaskets knowmatter what.
you should get the valve guide seals
you should get the cam and high compression piston but thn you will need stiffer valve springs and prob clutch springs so it can hook up that extra power

if you send it to me and want the high compression piston, cam, valve springs, maybe some porting, air filter you will beable to beat that 400ex

thanks and sorry for the long letter im trying help ya and explain what you will prob need

"cut n paste"

What the crap is that? :huh :p lol
anyway, a 300ex with just a cam, filter, high comp piston, and exhaust wont touch a 400ex!
So basically, you have $500 to spend on your motor? I'd say go ahead and get that bottom end fixed, that wont be cheap!

For a 300x..hmmmm... its been a while since I looked into 300ex motor mods. My whole study came up with that the motor is a dead end motor. I'd say sell the 300ex motor, and buy a nice 350x motor. The 350x motor STOCK will kill a 300x with the mods your going to do! So then you would have an even lighter, much much faster, more reliable motor, for a cheap price. The only big thing would be mounting (not extremely hard).

check out www.powroll.com

killed300ex
03-04-2003, 09:38 AM
im not doing this for power all i want a wheeler for is to play around on but i figured since im already gonna have it apart mine as well do somehting to make it worth while so i figures a high comp piston would be cheap. IN rocky mountain atv they have weisco piston kits for 100 bucks that had everything you needed including gaskets ect..... So i dont have a huge budget only like 150 for the top end all im doing is a bore and piston. I wish i could do more but i cant. LOl also i do all my own work i dont ship anyhting out the only thing i wont do on this project is the bore ill prolly end up taking it to the local motor shop.
killed