PDA

View Full Version : update from yours truly

reconmaster
03-26-2012, 06:58 AM
Hey guys for those who don't have me on fb or follow me on twitter if you've noticed I haven't posted really any riding pics in the last year or so. Well I had to put the YFZ up for sale to pay bills hoping I sell it soon. I did score a sweet summer job so hopefully by the end of summer most of my bills will be paid. That being said as you guys may know I got into wheelchair track in spring of 09 well I decided that this was going to be the thing I'm 100% comitted to for a good chunk of reasons 1: its cheaper as far as training goes 2: I get more funding for it 3: I can be way more competitive in it 4: I can travel the world and represent Canada some day at the paralympics when I get fast enough. 5: I don't have to travel to Maine (closest state to me) just to go race 6: I found something that I know can really accel at since I got hurt.

Right now I'm training 5/6 days a week and am on the verge of becoming an international caliber athlete. My endurance is not quite the same as it was for motocross but thats because I'm a sprinter (100m, 200m and 400m). I'm currently fastest in my province, 2nd in the Maritime Provinces and 5th in Canada in my classification funny enough only 5 of us in Canad abut Im looking to get to 4th this year at least. I qualfied for Canadian Championships last summer for the 100m for this coming June, I'm 1.54 seconds away from 200m and 9 from 400m. I've put in a lot of work and have awesome coaches and support behind me. One big thing for me this year was gaining a strength and conditioning coach. Bonus is we are alike basicly I show up ask what I need to do and go nuts. I bring the same or more intensity to the gym and the track as I did to the quad. I'm also ranked 5th or better for next years summer Canada Games and I want to win atleast one gold medal I want this more then I did to race mx post injury and thats saying something.

Anyways here are some videos of me training enjoy and always remember Never Give Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh2nOwsd_qk&list=UU86SzfsYqykbfN8BLGNn4rw&index=1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzCQX2yMTbU&list=UU86SzfsYqykbfN8BLGNn4rw&index=2&feature=plpp_video

OldGuyonaQuad
03-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Good for you bro, keep up the hard work and I hope you bring back the gold.

Tommy Warren
03-26-2012, 03:56 PM
2 questions, what are you grabbing onto on the wheels? I don't see a bar or anything..... and is there resistance on the wheels to make up for your body weight when your on the training machine?

anyways keep up the awesome work and good luck representing Canada......let us know how you do;) :macho

slightlybent47
03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
That’s awesome! Man that looks like some great training for arm pump.lol

reconmaster
03-28-2012, 04:18 AM
Theres a hand rim but our hands are in a closed fist. on the roller the resistance is set to how your chair sits. Right now on low resitance for high frequency.