PDA

View Full Version : Who took out Hetrick in moto one yesterday?

Chico
03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Just saw a post on hetricks facebook that said

"8th overall was battling for the lead in the first moto and got taken out"

Did anyone here see the race and who it was that took him out?

catch22blaster
03-25-2012, 04:47 PM
weinen hit him in the corner. broke a ti rod

iwhip86
03-25-2012, 06:33 PM
I hear it was pretty dirty pass from wiener

http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/ama-atv-motocross/2012/01-joel-hetrick-canam-ds450-atv-chad-wienen-thumbs-down.jpg

88redrocket
03-25-2012, 07:51 PM
haha wow talk about some early season drama! I bet wienen is gonna harrass those can am guys all year long

250x_kyle
03-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 88redrocket
haha wow talk about some early season drama! I bet wienen is gonna harrass those can am guys all year long

after the twitter update everyone was talking about with natalie i feel can ams own rider opened up a can of worms.

madskrillz2
03-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
after the twitter update everyone was talking about with natalie i feel can ams own rider opened up a can of worms.

Uh oh. What'd he say? I missed it

jkiserracing
03-25-2012, 09:13 PM
They were really battling for that first spot....they tangled enough to send Joel off the track....just one of those things....

250x_kyle
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Uh oh. What'd he say? I missed it

i read it on here. it was something along the lines about it being nice to have a real teamate this season

djeurink
03-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Weinen was all over the track blocking Joel. Joel would get a wheel on him and weinen would run him off.

funyun
03-26-2012, 07:43 AM
how can someone cry about something like that when they are racing at a professional level. Then actually posting comments complaining on twitter/facebook....

250x_kyle
03-26-2012, 10:58 AM
i am a weinen fan but i hate to see a local pro get taken out.

450man
03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
these guys need to nut-up n take a look at other sports. im an atv racer all the way, but watch a snoX race or a supercross race one time. every turn is a bump or a stuff. learn to ride harder n smarter, dont ***** about it

Pappy
03-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Weinen says it was racing, Hetrick felt it was deliberate. In any form of racing this will happen and folks are not happy when they think they are being taken out.

Hopefully the issue doesnt happen again

laeger2fiddyr
03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have footage of what happened??

Derrick Adams
03-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I was standing right on the hill watching when that went down. Hetrick had tried that same line on Weinen for several laps before and he really did gain ground on him there but never enough to make a pass.

I was really suprised to see Hetrick stand up after flipping and throw his hands in the air like that. Weinen just held his line and Hetrick got blocked out. That's racing. He knew that line would close up and he chose to go for it anyhow. Weinen just didnt back off.

The real battle was between Weinen and Natalie in the 2nd moto. Those two were really bumping and grinding. Natalie was not happy at all about losing the overall and he made it very clear on the podium afterwards.

funyun
03-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Wienen FTW :macho

89trx250r
03-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Its pretty childish to give someone a thumbs down in the pro class but whatever...I thought it was funny Natalie said something like "The next round will seperate the men from the boys" But to me it seems round 1 already did...

atvrider23054
03-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Whens the next race and what channel? I have io

funyun
03-26-2012, 04:33 PM
They aren't on TV. Closest you will get to TV coverage is the atvmotocross.com videos but they wont even have the 1st round till may.

KingpinsEx
03-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 450man
these guys need to nut-up n take a look at other sports. im an atv racer all the way, but watch a snoX race or a supercross race one time. every turn is a bump or a stuff. learn to ride harder n smarter, dont ***** about it

Good point, this is the pro class, guys livelyhood are riding on how they place. I wonder what Can Am is saying now. The only thing that would have caused more drama is if it was Natalie that got hit. I won't say taken out because that does not sound like what happened. I have seen Weinen race for years and never seen him "intentionally" take someone out. Hes just coming back from and injury he understands what its like to be hurt.

djeurink
03-26-2012, 05:54 PM
It will be an TV in May RacerTV on NBC Sports wich was Verses.

madskrillz2
03-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by 450man

I agree all the way. I just like to see some drama for a change lol. Everyone likes to see a good heated rivalry

madskrillz2
03-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
Natalie was not happy at all about losing the overall and he made it very clear on the podium afterwards.

What did he say?

madskrillz2
03-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Well maybe this won't be the boring season I thought it would after all.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5MPlGf0TnQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ALAMX37
03-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Lets be realistic, no one put a dirty move on someone round one moto one. Regardless of who, the foundation of the idea makes no sense. And let us not forget its racing, people get hit, blocked, bashed, and sometimes clean moves turn into dirty moves by complete accident. Once you have committed and lets say the guy your going to pass doesnt do what you thought he would bam, you tagged him and it was your fault but its just racing. Too many cry babies.

dxcody
03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Lets be realistic, no one put a dirty move on someone round one moto one. Regardless of who, the foundation of the idea makes no sense. And let us not forget its racing, people get hit, blocked, bashed, and sometimes clean moves turn into dirty moves by complete accident. Once you have committed and lets say the guy your going to pass doesnt do what you thought he would bam, you tagged him and it was your fault but its just racing. Too many cry babies.

Exactly!

Just like in XC, if you choose a path around and someone your trying to pass is on the main line which isnt any slower... When the trail comes back together your either going to get tangled or one of you have to back off.

Rubbin is racing.

mrowe
03-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Hetrick was forced off the track at a high rate of speed hit a hole and flipped over frontwards...the quad landed on him and he got burned on his back...point is pro class or not...they are going way too fast too be smashing people off the track...He could have gotten hurt really bad or even killed!

I have always been a wienen fan and I understand he feels he has something to set straight with can am...but hurting someone in the process is not the way to go about it...

It was an exciting race and I am sure Harv will have his eye on this situation...should it continue it will be dealt with...I know they watched the tape of the race and are watching this closely...

laeger2fiddyr
03-28-2012, 07:26 AM
Does anyone have video of it????

Ellingsoc26
03-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by laeger2fiddyr
Does anyone have video of it????
Ya i want to see this video as well

03-28-2012, 10:35 AM
dam i hope natalie knocks wiener on his ***.nothing but a punk a** bi***!!! imo of course.would love to see him decomissioned.

rageatvsupermom
03-28-2012, 10:46 AM
My opinion is that this is not Days of our Lives, the drama needs to stop. This is one of the things wrong with our country we live for Drama. The rubbin is racing theory is interesting depending on which side you are on, the rubbin or getting rubbed. Regardless none of these guys get paid enough to make it worth the risk of life or limb, ask Jeremiah would he rather have a million dollars or his ability to walk again? I am hoping the powers that be will be watching and will take care of anything that may arise.

quadrcr161
03-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
My opinion is that this is not Days of our Lives, the drama needs to stop. This is one of the things wrong with our country we live for Drama. The rubbin is racing theory is interesting depending on which side you are on, the rubbin or getting rubbed. Regardless none of these guys get paid enough to make it worth the risk of life or limb, ask Jeremiah would he rather have a million dollars or his ability to walk again? I am hoping the powers that be will be watching and will take care of anything that may arise.

I agree if you want drama watch housewifes or jersey shore. occasional rubbing is one thing and some times there will be pretty hard hits, but to hit someone to keep them from passing you or turning into them pushing them off the track, (like Natalie/Wienen Moto 2) is one thing. ive lost some respect for the top riders after the stories and interviews this weekend.

SRH
03-28-2012, 12:53 PM
wasnt weinen destroying everyone last season til his injury?

i hope he stomps natalie next race, teach that corny old man for talking so much smack

SRH
03-28-2012, 12:59 PM

then no one should be out there because its not worth it period

so as long as they're going to continue to race they're is going to be rivalries, stewart and reed dont get paid enough to compensate for living the rest of there life in a chair and it doesnt stop them

i think stewart just threatened to hurt reed again , last week on twitter

Tommy Warren
03-28-2012, 01:00 PM

its not days of our lives its days of THUNDER!!!!!!!!:cool:

madskrillz2
03-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by SRH
then no one should be out there because its not worth it period

so as long as they're going to continue to race they're is going to be rivalries, stewart and reed dont get paid enough to compensate for living the rest of there life in a chair and it doesnt stop them

i think stewart just threatened to hurt reed again , last week on twitter

Exactly. I'm assuming some of you people aren't very big fans of the bike side of motocross.

KingpinsEx
03-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Weinen has been beat before and he didn't "run" riders off the track because of it. I wasn't there so I can't say, but it doesn't make sense for him to do that intentionally. By the sounds of things, the line closed up and Hetrick did not back off. I could be wrong though...

Every rider out there is risking life and limb in my opinion. But no one wants to be taken out, so I doubt they would intentionally do it to someone else. But with only 3-4 factory rides avaiable, you can bet they are going to take some risks to win. You think these guys want to work normal jobs like the rest of us?

SRH
03-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Weinen has been beat before and he didn't "run" riders off the track because of it. I wasn't there so I can't say, but it doesn't make sense for him to do that intentionally. By the sounds of things, the line closed up and Hetrick did not back off. I could be wrong though...

Every rider out there is risking life and limb in my opinion. But no one wants to be taken out, so I doubt they would intentionally do it to someone else. But with only 3-4 factory rides avaiable, you can bet they are going to take some risks to win. You think these guys want to work normal jobs like the rest of us?

you know id be really suprised if weinen did it on purpose...you never want to tangle wheels or risk it , and contact on a quad is always sketchy for both riders, its not like a bike with taking out the front wheel or bang some elbows

i could see wienen running some aggressive lines but not all out trying to flip him off the track on purpose

89trx250r
03-28-2012, 06:06 PM
I have seen pics from last season of Joel hanging out with Chad at the track when he was injured and just coming to watch. I highly doubt Chad would take him out on purpose...I do however feel that Joel expected chad to back off or something which I don't think Chad will ever do. Like I said in another thread Joel has never won a race when he was racing against Chad...Anytime he won was after Chad was injured for the season.

Ex_Rider43
03-28-2012, 07:09 PM
They seem like good friends , I doubt that he wanted to take him out on purpose.

I like Jon Natalie , I always did. But he needs to stop the crybaby thing. Its been Joe byrd for a few years and now he his after Chad.. Come on man ! Do what you have to do which is racing and winning. I wont even comment about what we saw at the last MTL supercross , way to ridiculous for one of the only Factory rider in atv racing...

quadrcr161
03-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Exactly. I'm assuming some of you people aren't very big fans of the bike side of motocross.
Not when they ride like little punks, like Barchia (sp?) When he all but ran the other guy off the track the other weak. IMO there's nothing better then a good clean pass because its like a big FU to the crybaby because they can't say anything because they just got out rode.

Hey ex what happened at the MTL supercross?

88redrocket
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
I think we should wait untill some sort of video footage of the incident comes out to start judging what happend. It should be pretty clear on film if it was intentional or not. If it looks like this vid than its intentional

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k-JpxrC3gGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tommy Warren
03-28-2012, 08:49 PM
ooooooo threads getting off topic....I love this part.... I'm subbing:macho

rageatvsupermom
03-28-2012, 08:50 PM
My point is this is not boxing or WWF. Yes this is a job for some and I understand that but the rubbing needs to stop, these guys don't have workman's comp with this job.

dxcody
03-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
Not when they ride like little punks, like Barchia (sp?) When he all but ran the other guy off the track the other weak. IMO there's nothing better then a good clean pass because its like a big FU to the crybaby because they can't say anything because they just got out rode.

I agree with you to a point.

Rubbing is racing, WRECKING is a whole other story tho.

BUT Barcia is awesome. Barcia is the Dale Earnhardt of Supercross.

You either love his style, or hate his style.

beastlywarrior
03-28-2012, 09:28 PM
I think we should wait untill some sort of video footage of the incident comes out to start judging what happend. It should be pretty clear on film if it was intentional or not. If it looks like this vid than its intentional

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k-JpxrC3gGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Dirty byrd

bracey
03-29-2012, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43

I like Jon Natalie , I always did. But he needs to stop the crybaby thing. Its been Joe byrd for a few years and now he his after Chad.. Come on man ! Do what you have to do which is racing and winning. ... :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

blacknblue#2
03-29-2012, 02:56 AM

haha thats an old one but always makes me laugh... Right to his feet with a big "F*** you buddy"

mcwilly
03-29-2012, 09:42 AM

yeah, that was a pass on Wharton. Totally unecessary.
Did anybody see Barcia at Daytona (mud fest) when he passed a lapped rider, then blatantly cut in front of him (on a straight) to roost him with mud? My 9yo son saw it and reacted asking me why he would do that...lol he's not a fan of Barcia after that.
Though I dont know Chad or Joel personally, I dont think either of them would take each other out intentionally....that's judging just from what I've seen on TV and articles I've read. They seemed to be 'friends' last year and you could tell Joel respected Chad and his speed from his interviews. But, who knows. Friendships are can be thrown aside once the gate drops.

SRH
03-29-2012, 09:48 AM

you guys are pretty young but racing now is way cleaner than it was 10 -20 years ago

emig, larocco, bradshaw, those guys made contact on every pass took each other out etc, what you see today is way mellow compared to back then

everyone freaked on the way jlaw rode.....he rode like every dude in the early 90s

03-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by SRH
you guys are pretty young but racing now is way cleaner than it was 10 -20 years ago

emig, larocco, bradshaw, those guys made contact on every pass took each other out etc, what you see today is way mellow compared to back then

everyone freaked on the way jlaw rode.....he rode like every dude in the early 90s

exactly,just look at how football rules have changed.then i hear they were threatening to eliminate fighting in hockey?????its fu***** hockey,let them fight,thats how the game is played.

and whoever was talking about barcia and his lapped rider pass......lapped riders need to get the he** out of the way.they're lapped riders for a reason....they arent even in contention.roost is the least thing they should get in their face.pull off the track and pack it in or atleast move aside rapidly.there is nothing more frustrating especially when in xc and they're not even in your class but they're fighting for that spot....dummies.if you like your exhaust in the condition it was when you started the race....MOVE!rubbing is racing but me slamming into your rear end means get the hell out of the way.

quadrcr161
03-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by SRH

My 1st national was in 1992, wasnt a big fan of it back then either.

but i was taught if im behind, my job was to get around you as clean as possible, unless you were obviously slower/and blocking, but i would have never pulled any of these stunts, i can count maybe 2-3 times i had to make my way around someone.
im not saying dont bump, a little bumping, showing them your wheel and being their shadow will put pressure on them to make a mistake, but just stuffing someone in a corner is just wrong IMO.
It also goes with who your racing, a light bump will cause tempers to flare if you dont know the person where as a (safe) slam to a friend could be acceptable.

300ex_#387
03-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by PAxcThumper
exactly,just look at how football rules have changed.then i hear they were threatening to eliminate fighting in hockey?????its fu***** hockey,let them fight,thats how the game is played.

and whoever was talking about barcia and his lapped rider pass......lapped riders need to get the he** out of the way.they're lapped riders for a reason....they arent even in contention.roost is the least thing they should get in their face.pull off the track and pack it in or atleast move aside rapidly.there is nothing more frustrating especially when in xc and they're not even in your class but they're fighting for that spot....dummies.if you like your exhaust in the condition it was when you started the race....MOVE!rubbing is racing but me slamming into your rear end means get the hell out of the way.

The rider was out of the way.

03-29-2012, 11:46 AM
so what was the problem?barcia took a line and roosted him?maybe even purpousely?just not seeing the issue here,thats motocross.if you dont like roost go race jet skis.

these kids are still kids on little bikes.if he is being overly agressive on the big boy bikes when/if he graduates then thats one thing.let the children learn supercross in the learny class and play their games.time will iron them out and if it doesnt they can throw down like bob hanna and kent howerton.they'll learn they have to see these guys week after week year after year and grudges die hard with some folks.blahhh

mcwilly
03-29-2012, 12:50 PM
so what was the problem?barcia took a line and roosted him?maybe even purpousely?just not seeing the issue here,thats motocross.if you dont like roost go race jet skis.

It wasnt 'motocross'....it was being a pr!ck.

Tommy Warren
03-29-2012, 02:17 PM

FYI jet skis roost as well:rolleyes:

KingpinsEx
03-29-2012, 04:48 PM
To get this thread back on track, I am almost sure it was not intentional, so whats the big deal? Like someone else said, hitting someone could easily take yourself out as wqell. Thats not a risk many pro riders would take and Weinen does not have to do that to win, as we all saw in moto 2. If anything it sounded like Natalie was the one being overly aggressive. But I think I can remember that Joel was training with Weinen over this past season, or even this off season. He doesn't sound upset about losing his ride either, so that is probably not an issue. Although I'm sure he wants to win even more to show them whats up.

Scro
03-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Keep it on topic, or it gets shut down.

89trx250r
03-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Exactly Kingpins!! Natalie seemed to be the guy who is overly aggressive and wanting to do some bumping and grinding...Even in that interview with Rodney he said something like he(Chad) don't like me much and I(John) don't like him at all...Seems like Natalie and the can-am crew have more to prove then Chad, especially with this only being Wienen Motorsports first season...And Can-am is the only true "FACTORY" effort left in quad racing so they cant be losing to the guy they took off there team the last season its awful for bisuness :)!

jcv400ex
03-29-2012, 07:38 PM
That looked exactly like Byrd taking out Natalie. He was passed.....and turned in to try to block him. Totally Chad's fault.

Warnerade
03-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
That looked exactly like Byrd taking out Natalie. He was passed.....and turned in to try to block him. Totally Chad's fault. forgive me if I am wrong, but the video that was posted above was the video of byrd taking out natalie, I think that is why it looked like it

jcv400ex
03-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
forgive me if I am wrong, but the video that was posted above was the video of byrd taking out natalie, I think that is why it looked like it You *******! Joel still running 88?

Warnerade
03-29-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure what number he is running, but I know weinen is on a Yamaha this year

phreak
03-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
That looked exactly like Byrd taking out Natalie. He was passed.....and turned in to try to block him. Totally Chad's fault. uhhh... what vid?

madskrillz2
03-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by phreak
uhhh... what vid?

He's talking about the video on page 5

lasher45
03-31-2012, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR7QwtxPva4&feature=relmfu

Anyone see that video yet? A couple seconds in you can see Hetrick standing next to Chad talking with him in line for practice.

Anybody think that Hetrick giving Chad the thumbs down was just him messing around and wasn't actually serious? Last I remember Hetrick trained with Chad over the off season too...

yellowzo3
04-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by lasher45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR7QwtxPva4&feature=relmfu

Anyone see that video yet? A couple seconds in you can see Hetrick standing next to Chad talking with him in line for practice.

Anybody think that Hetrick giving Chad the thumbs down was just him messing around and wasn't actually serious? Last I remember Hetrick trained with Chad over the off season too...

Not sure man... Usually in any motorsport when someone walks to the edge of the track and throws the thumbs down making sure the rider/driver sees it, its for real. Hopefully they're past it now as it happens in every sport.

Tommy Warren
04-01-2012, 09:03 AM
could be a soap opera, creating drama to raise interest and get threads like this started. more people will be watching the next race because of the last one......

phreak
04-01-2012, 09:11 AM
He's talking about the video on page 5 saw that but seems he was referring to it as the actual vid of the wienen and hetrick incident in question.

i was like.. uh, that's an old vid of byrd and natalie.

phreak
04-01-2012, 09:17 AM
seems like hetrick is bit of a baby. in one of the atv 24/7 episodes last season, he and lawson got tangled in a corner and seemed hetrick was yelling at lawson about it.

kid's fast, no doubt about it. maybe he takes mishaps to the heart a little too much. http://smiliesftw.com/x/shrug.gif

tjsdaname
04-02-2012, 12:07 AM
here is the gopro footage of him crashing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAsagLBMUis&feature=g-u-u&context=G255edc2FUAAAAAAAAAA

quadrcr161
04-02-2012, 04:39 AM
To me it looks like hetric went outside the race line into the loose stuff and just had no where to go, and canam was the agressor

honda250xrider
04-02-2012, 05:09 AM
From watching the first video posted:

Weinen was taking the corner inside then transitioning outside to set himself up with the following corner.

skip to 6:12 of the first youtube video and you can see the corner that it happened on. it looks like there is several ways you can take the corner to set you up for the second.

It looks unintentional to me.

guy310
04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I am interested in the opinion of all the dummies who posted about seeing it all and "I was standing right there and saw Chad pull out a gun and shoot Joel off the track" and all that other BS now that the actual video from Hetrick's helmet clearly shows that it wasn't intentional. When you transition from one corner to the next that is a natural move and when you are behind by a half a quad like Hetrick was you have to either give up the line that you are trying to take from behind or you get the short end of the stick, just like Joel did. He put himself in that spot and he paid the consequence. Simple as that. He will learn though. There is always some young guy who has awesome speed that thinks he will come in a dominate. ATV MX is way more than just raw speed, skill, and talent.

quadmom110
04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by guy310
I am interested in the opinion of all the dummies who posted about seeing it all and "I was standing right there and saw Chad pull out a gun and shoot Joel off the track" and all that other BS now that the actual video from Hetrick's helmet clearly shows that it wasn't intentional. When you transition from one corner to the next that is a natural move and when you are behind by a half a quad like Hetrick was you have to either give up the line that you are trying to take from behind or you get the short end of the stick, just like Joel did. He put himself in that spot and he paid the consequence. Simple as that. He will learn though. There is always some young guy who has awesome speed that thinks he will come in a dominate. ATV MX is way more than just raw speed, skill, and talent.

Well said.