PDA

View Full Version : blaster runs slugish

bryan1984
03-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Buddy of mine got him a 94 blaster the other day. I have a yamaha banshee and the power band on a banshee is distink and at a snap! The blaster i cant even tell where the band is. Its all stock other than a 10 over bore. I checked the plug and it looked good. Checked the jets and cleaned the carb has a 240 main jet. The fuel air screw is only out 1/2 a turn. If you go more than that it dont run hardly at all. It fires right up on 1st kick. Any thoughts? It just has no power and very slugish

JAG Motosports
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
if ur comparing it to banshee ur goin to be dissapointed .... big time. A stock blaster doesnt have alot of snap. I would check the compression first off. Start with a dif pipe and timing advance that will wake it up some. Port work , head mod and carb next

TacicalRedneck
04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
yeah,

compression test, adjust everything, look for leaks..

My blaster did that a while, we adjusted the clutch, it was burning out the clutch, halfway engauged when pulled in. Then we also found the header was off, and there were alot of hole in the pipe. Heli-coiled place to stick on header.

Now you don't even have to stay on it and your on it.
Barely press the gas, powerband kicks in. And sir it'll throw your head back. But Mine is also bored somewhere around .60 over. (Actual bore/displacement unknown, i bought it as a beater, and the guy had no idea either)