PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake ?

pmg8134
03-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Anyone figured out what rear caliper to replace the stock one yet?

bigdaddy77
03-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Dont think the issue is the caliper. We reconfigured the master cylinder to be in the vertical, changed it out to ltr 450r and it works beautiful. Our preproduction is in the vertical and works awesome.
Call Pitster they were working on a bolt on kit to put the master cylinder in the vertical.

kyquad
03-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm having the same issues. I have the new vertical kit from pitster, but brakes are bad week. Can you post a photo of your ltr setup? What caliper are you using Suzuki or pitster?

bigdaddy77
03-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Im out of town with work right now. So it will be a while before I can get ya a picture. Stock caliper.
Have you bleed the brakes by pulling the tubing off the resevoir and use a syringe to inject fluid into the tubing and bleed out the caliper with a piece of hose on the bleeder to keep air from getting in? or also try new pads.

zach R 7x
03-25-2012, 10:34 AM
We used a 400ex brake set up w/ the pister caliper and have had absolutely no trouble with brakes. Bought the stuff off ebay for $40.

Don't know if anybody is still using the pister front hubs, if so change the bearings out with some good quality American made bearings. We toasted the stock ones pretty fast , don't know why either.... other than they were Taiwanese junk!

05beater
03-25-2012, 06:48 PM
I am currently using a 400 ex master. Its not vertical. im gonna try new hoses next. I have taken the caliper off it compresses all the way. If anyone has pics i would appreciate it thanks.