PDA

View Full Version : Quad x Rounds 1 & 2 Vid again...

Pacheco_450r
03-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Not sure why the first video went missing, but anyways the pro class was pretty exciting. It was nice to see Beau and David run up front and mix it up with Nelson!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9YB3Inx7EEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

madskrillz2
03-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I wish Dustin Nelson would show up for a national or two. I'd like to see how he'd stack up with everyone now.

Pacheco_450r
03-22-2012, 11:22 PM
I know he is kinda worn out and not training up like he was a few years ago, but Joe Byrd was out there at Glen Helen and he wasn't too impressive. Although Josh Creamer raced round 1 a couple years ago out here on the west coast and he whooped Nelson pretty good. I think Nelson would still hold his own in the Nationals, but he really hasn't had much pressure up until this season.

ktmmack
03-23-2012, 08:08 AM
I think Nelson would get his *** handed to him at the Nationals. Like mentioned above, he only has really 1 guy pushing him and thats Baron. Nelson is fast, but not fast enough for the national racers.

FHKracingZ
03-23-2012, 09:04 AM
I disagree, nelson raced a national a year or 2 ago and got 6th with a full gate of AMA pros. Nelson would be around top 5 for sure. Nobody is going to be on Wienen or natalies level this year again.

Lquad71
03-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Nelson is fast and I think he would have no problem getting top 10 in nats but i would think he would be more of a top 5 contender. But he just doesnt have the speed to compete at the top level.

03-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
I disagree, nelson raced a national a year or 2 ago and got 6th with a full gate of AMA pros. Nelson would be around top 5 for sure. Nobody is going to be on Wienen or natalies level this year again.

Yes he got 6th overall, but his moto finishes were 6-11. That was in 2010. He raced one national back in 2007 also and went 11-4 for like 7th overall.

Could he run top 10 at the nationals? Probably. Could he run top 5 at the nationals? Ehh...

400grl
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I think if Nelson were to go in and race the Nationals for a season, he would def be top 5 material. The thing is....you are only as fast as your competition. If he's racing at a level that is winning him championships on the west coast, he has no reason to train harder than he is. If he were to race Nationals full-time, I have no doubt he'd be up there with the fastest, because that would be his new competition, and with new competition comes a whole new level of riding. Just my .02.

Pacheco_450r
03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I think if Nelson were to go in and race the Nationals for a season, he would def be top 5 material. The thing is....you are only as fast as your competition. If he's racing at a level that is winning him championships on the west coast, he has no reason to train harder than he is. If he were to race Nationals full-time, I have no doubt he'd be up there with the fastest, because that would be his new competition, and with new competition comes a whole new level of riding. Just my .02.

Absolutely! But either way the guy is flat out fast if you've ever had the chance to watch him race. As much as I like him I'm looking forward to seeing him battle it out all season with Beau and David!

On a side note, Beau and David had some rockets built for this year. Usually nelson and Beau are even off the start and Nelson edges him out most times in the first corner. During rounds 1 and 2 all you saw was two White Hondas pulling super hard from the pack by 3 or 4 lengths! They're running lots of power this season for sure.

MX MaNiAc 06
03-26-2012, 07:43 PM
That's some good racing! Looks like it would be sweet to watch. I moved from Pa to Texas and tqra guys aren't as fast as D5. East coast dudes are just faster. Lol