PDA

View Full Version : Trials Bikes

MX MaNiAc 06
03-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Anybody own one or rode one? I always thought they looked goofy and didn't see the point in them. But they look like you could have a lot of fun on one without many resources.

Are they easy to ride? How's maintenance? What brands/models are best? Prices, places to look for used ones.. etc

03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
if you can ride bmx,mountain bikes,and dirt bikes like an animal and destroy everything in your path to the point you've exhausted every obstacle you can find try it out.otherwise forget about it.

Tommy Warren
03-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by PAxcThumper
if you can ride bmx,mountain bikes,and dirt bikes like an animal and destroy everything in your path to the point you've exhausted every obstacle you can find try it out.otherwise forget about it.

be sure to drink your ovaltine?

derekhonda
03-20-2012, 09:38 PM
A crummy commercial?

finsteratv
03-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Gas gas is what i mostly see around here, they seem to make pretty cool stuff. Check out the KTM350 cross over. It's a cross between a trials bike and dirtbike its pretty sweet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LinF4K0kN2Y

finsteratv
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
this is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=4QTlXYuMcFI&feature=endscreen

finsteratv
03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
montessa also

03-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
be sure to drink your ovaltine?

in your case maybe some maple syrup??

01boneless
03-20-2012, 11:15 PM
in your case maybe some maple syrup??

does every thread have to turn into off topic rambling these days!!!

im with austin the KTM trail bikes look the coolest and seem more usable than any other standerd trail bike...i hate even the looks of gas gas lol

finsteratv
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Yeah man i think theyre pretty cool, they look like theyd be killer in gnarly trails and you could do some trials stuff too.

woodsman250r
03-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Go for it. Being an accomplished trials rider will transition over to all other styles of riding as well. It teaches balance, throttle control, braking technique, body contol and so on. Just look at some of top off road riders in the world and you will see most have a trials background. Guys like Taddy Blazuziak and David Knight dominate the extreme enduro races, and both have a trials background. Check into Montessa, Gas Gas, and Ossa for finding something in your budget. If you have never riden a dirt bike, a trials bike will be a challange for you. Start out in a field and get a feel for it before you try to climb 10 ft rock faces. Put a few logs and rocks out there to go over and practice your techique. I have riden several trials bikes and loved it. I'm actually looking for one myself, but haven't found any in my area yet. Good luck!

SRH
03-21-2012, 11:45 AM
that ktm 350 looks awesome

trials bikes are alot of fun, if you have some technical spaces to ride you will love it

powerbomb400
03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
There is a training school close to where I live. Its in Monteagle Tennessee. They do some cool stuff but they make it look easy.

MX MaNiAc 06
03-23-2012, 05:22 PM

If this is true I don't even see the point. lol I haven't ridden BMX in ten years. I have a dirtbike but I'm a scrub. They don't seem to be cheap either after some research. Gotta drop a 4-6k for a half decent used one