PDA

View Full Version : New crank wont spin, help!

fasterz
03-19-2012, 05:58 AM
I am starting to reassemble my 04 450r motor and when tightening the crank case bolts to 9ft lbs, the crank will not spin. When the bolts are loose, the crank spins fine. I am guessing something is just a little bit out of alignment. When I put the left side bearing on the crank I measured it to make sure it was square. Is there any easy fix to this or what do I need to do? Any input would be great as I have never ran into this situation before, Thanks!

400cc
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
is your bearing pressed all the way in the case?

sounds like something happened to me, the bearing wasn't all the way in causing it to not spin when i would tighten the bolts

MX450
03-19-2012, 06:11 PM
did you use a puller to pull the crank into the bearing? i had a similar issue and attached the puller again and it still had a little room left to get snug.. either the bearing or the crank is not seated all the way

fasterz
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Well I ended up figuring it out so I will post the fix. All I did was put a 2 x 4 on againt each edge of the crank and gave it a tap on both sides and now it spins perfectly. It just needed a little help mating with the cases. Do not smack the wood just give it a tap and boom it was instantly free.