PDA

View Full Version : Threw a valve, whats my options?

450Rfutureracer
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Went riding the other day and she died on the track finally tore into the motor and and found one of the intake valves sitting on top of the piston in two pieces so I need to get some new valves put in what does everyone use/recommend? I'm running a wiseco 13.5:1 high compression piston and run 110 cam2 fuel. Thanks everyone

01boneless
03-18-2012, 09:56 PM
only valves i would run is ferrea or oem... stray away from KW

450Rfutureracer
03-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
only valves i would run is ferrea or oem... stray away from KW

What usually goes wrong with the kibblewhites?

blacknblue#2
03-19-2012, 03:27 PM
It dropped a valve and didn't junk your piston and head? Dang I wish I was that lucky when I dropped valves lol. There have been horror stories of kibblewhites braking just as your valve did. I've tried all brands of valves and never had any bad luck I could blame on the manufacture. I've floated one set of stock valves with a stage 3 hotcam and stock springs and I was at wide open throttle longer than I should have been. I know some ppl don't agree with me but I'm a firm believer that if you run heavier valve springs and keep them on spec you won't have any trouble. Valve springs are an important part of valve life and springs do have a tolerance they need to stay within

450Rfutureracer
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
It dropped a valve and didn't junk your piston and head? Dang I wish I was that lucky when I dropped valves lol. There have been horror stories of kibblewhites braking just as your valve did. I've tried all brands of valves and never had any bad luck I could blame on the manufacture. I've floated one set of stock valves with a stage 3 hotcam and stock springs and I was at wide open throttle longer than I should have been. I know some ppl don't agree with me but I'm a firm believer that if you run heavier valve springs and keep them on spec you won't have any trouble. Valve springs are an important part of valve life and springs do have a tolerance they need to stay within

Yea somehow I didn't ruin anything else but they were new oem valves, not many hours on them at all, but i think that the timing was off and jumped a tooth so thats what caused the valve to drop, so looking at getting a new cam chain also