PDA

View Full Version : Trail tech thoughts...

NMills
03-18-2012, 04:42 PM
This is for those who have the either the Vector or the vaper installed on thier bikes using the stock mount... How has it worked out?? i'm getting ready to install one... but am curious about the plastic mounts... does it hold well?? or does it break easy?? i do a lot of fast trails and jumps... don't want to lose a 100 setup because the plastic broke... i know i should get the aluminum set up but the wallet says i have to wait...

Thanks..

JOHNDOE83
03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
trail tech vapor is cool but will never get dialed in properly, no matter how many times I measured and adjusted and programmed it.

It gets dialed in then reads good till about 35mph then gets all outa wack, then for a brief period after 55mph it reads good then gets outa wack again.

I ended up taking it off and leaving it in a box in the garage:ermm:

The plastic mounts are fine.

03-18-2012, 09:30 PM
never had a problem with the unit or the plastic mount.holds sturdy works well.

NMills
03-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Well... that's making me feel a bit better...

sheldo
03-19-2012, 08:55 AM
i have never had a problem with mine and the speedo is dead on, been using it for over 3 years now

Muzzgit
03-21-2012, 07:02 AM
The plastic mounts are fine.

The best way to measure your tire is to pump it up hard and measure around the circumference. (the faster you go your tire elongates and the reading will change slightly)

If the unit gives a faulty reading as described above the sensor on the brake disc wasn't installed correctly.

If you plan on doing enduro, with the Vector you can buy the remote switch to adjust the odo. Meaning at each fuel stop you can adjust it forward or back to account for any inaccuracy in odo reading and start each stage with a correct odo