PDA

View Full Version : 04/5 @ 06 up a-arms compatible or not?

quadfmx
03-18-2012, 12:43 PM
I had herd they were not, but I went riding with a guy the other day with an 04 and long story short said his friend had an 08 and arms to sale and he said ill buy if they fit and they bolted right up no prob,
I think these were ars/fx
not positive on brand we got talking about arm and different brands and i forgot, but i think it was ars/fx
but i had always been told they were not compatible, then after that another friend told me he had always ran 06 + a arms on his since they came out and he told be some bolted up and some didnt but most of the ones who didnt fit perfect there was something u had to get off the 06 + then it fit,
can anyone pls clarify.

it seems most the best a arms are 06 up

D Bergstrom
03-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Stock upper arms are NOT compatible between years. Lower stock a-arms are all the same, but the upper are different lengths due to the spindle changes. I want to say they are about a 1/4" or so different in length, not sure on the exact number, but somewhere around there.

As far as aftemarket arms, some are interchangeable between years, as they will have adjustable camber for the uppers and they have enough adjustment to make up for the differences in length. Best bet would be to check with whoever makes the arms you are looking at, as some do offer upper specific arms for each spindle setup.

Doug

quadfmx
03-19-2012, 10:19 PM
okay u covered part of my question
so some have the camber adjustment and allow u to fix it.

So my question is if u had an 04/5 with 06 spindles and 06 arms would it work out then?

but the other side is many riders run o4/5 spindles on 06 up a-arms and i know some who didnt change anything?

so if u got an 06 and want to run 04 spindles should u run 04 arms?

but i know people who put 04 spindles on an 06 and just bolted up b/c they thought they were interchangeable, so was the caster off on the ones just described?