PDA

View Full Version : Why I cant go to work tomorrow

crlt250r
03-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Just though of this yesterday, and started making up poor excuses for why I can't make it in... Sent a bunch of them to my manager, from 8 in the morning to almost 10 at night! It's pretty amusing!

What are YOUR excuses for missing work tomorrow?

I'll start LOL

Had to jump off my truck, but I broke my foot.. must have landed wrong. Headed to the Dr now, and the truck still won't start.

wykyd450R
03-18-2012, 11:14 AM
" I won't be in today, due to vision problems.....I just can't see me coming"

250x_kyle
03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
" cant make it in today, had an alergic reaction the last time i walked in the door."

crlt250r
03-18-2012, 11:40 AM
The dispatcher had me driving around in circles all day. My truck got dizzy and crashed into a bounce house..

crlt250r
03-18-2012, 11:45 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!! I heard that Jesus just died for my sins. I MUST go and pay my respects!!!

Tommy Warren
03-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I died

finsteratv
03-18-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMy5IBmX7E

01boneless
03-18-2012, 05:20 PM
^hahah

crlt250r
03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
I blew the motor in my truck, my jaws are really sore..

crlt250r
03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
My goldfish ate my work phone...

dxcody
03-18-2012, 06:30 PM
They are repaving the road in front of my house, and i cant leave...

crlt250r
03-18-2012, 09:04 PM
My grandma died again....

crlt250r
03-18-2012, 09:04 PM
It's Wyatt Earp's birthday, and I'm the president of the Seffner chapter Tombstone Fan Club. I've got like 18 people coming over, and a 12:00 OK Corral re-enactment.

finsteratv
03-18-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm going riding..WHAT... i mean..I'm crying, I broke somthing.

250x_kyle
03-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by crlt250r

there was a guy that worked at the last place i worked at that had probably 30 grandmas that died. karma caught up with him though.

wolfe 21
03-19-2012, 09:53 AM
That didn't work at my last job... Went to the Funeral @ 11:00 Am and reported for work @ 2:30.

My personal favorite is the ones that call off because they can't afford the gas to get to work. Sad, but that's actually happened a couple times where I'm at now.

CJM
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
My great grandma died and I called out, the boss actually said either you come in or you dont have a job. I didnt come in and my next day was a few days later. I brought the clipping from the paper about my great grandma and as she was yelling at me I handed it to her and went to clock in. She shut up real fast.

Ive called out before cause I was sick, I have crohns so sometimes its a bad day. Ive also called out and legitimately said I had school work.'

I love when they get all huffy about it, its a part time job in most cases for many people-they did without you before and they can do it again.

chronicsmoke
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Ive called out before cause I was sick, I have crohns so sometimes its a bad day.

That sucks man, a co-worker/friend here has that and he never has any energy..

Back on topic: I don't need an excuse, I work for a local municipality :D

CJM
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
That sucks man, a co-worker/friend here has that and he never has any energy..

Back on topic: I don't need an excuse, I work for a local municipality :D

Sorry to go offtopic again..

Its not that bad, pretty mild for me but there are just every once in awhiles where Im like Im feeling terrible.

chronicsmoke
03-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Sorry to go offtopic again..

Its not that bad, pretty mild for me but there are just every once in awhiles where Im like Im feeling terrible.

IMO With your condition you should be able to take the occaisional day off when you need it.

CJM
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
IMO With your condition you should be able to take the occaisional day off when you need it.

Wish my boss felt the same way lol. He gets annoyed at first but he later calms down.

OldGuyonaQuad
03-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by CJM
My great grandma died and I called out, the boss actually said either you come in or you dont have a job. I didnt come in and my next day was a few days later. I brought the clipping from the paper about my great grandma and as she was yelling at me I handed it to her and went to clock in. She shut up real fast.

Ive called out before cause I was sick, I have crohns so sometimes its a bad day. Ive also called out and legitimately said I had school work.'

I love when they get all huffy about it, its a part time job in most cases for many people-they did without you before and they can do it again.

Now I know why you ride standing up ;)

Sorry to hear that Marc I have a couple of friends that are also affected by this (they are much older then you of course). Hey I know I still owe you for finding and mounting my shifter but I'm not changing your colostomy bag :eek2:

Ruby Soho
03-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by crlt250r

some guy who used to work @ our company called out a few times claiming his grandmother died. once, okay. twice, sure thing. third time.....wait a second:p

CJM
03-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
Now I know why you ride standing up ;)

Sorry to hear that Marc I have a couple of friends that are also affected by this (they are much older then you of course). Hey I know I still owe you for finding and mounting my shifter but I'm not changing your colostomy bag :eek2:

Lol.... you missed a heck of a fun ride yesterday Tom!

Tommy Warren
03-19-2012, 07:22 PM
my dog died (ten years ago)

or explosive diarrhea.....they never ask questions

OldGuyonaQuad
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Lol.... you missed a heck of a fun ride yesterday Tom!

Yea it's 70 + and I can't take advantage until my back feels better :(

Hopefully next weekend or the one after.

CJM
03-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
Yea it's 70 + and I can't take advantage until my back feels better :(

Hopefully next weekend or the one after.

Im def going this weekend, hope your back feels better.

TheLane
03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Wish my boss felt the same way lol. He gets annoyed at first but he later calms down.

You actually can call in up to 120 days a year protected. Do some reasearch on FMLA.

Family Medical Leave Act. All you need is a paper signed by your doctor. :D

CJM
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
You actually can call in up to 120 days a year protected. Do some reasearch on FMLA.

Family Medical Leave Act. All you need is a paper signed by your doctor. :D

You must think I work at a real professional place lol.

I work for a mom and pop towing outfit, my boss is a drunk, he runs everything arse backwards and theres more drama than you can shake a stick at man. Ive known my boss for 10 years and trust me hes a good guy despite all his issues. But then again everyone in this industry is either an arse, a drug addict or alcoholic or all of the above.

Also when you only have 8 employees and one doesnt show up it really puts you behind, specially when you try to call in another employee and no one answers the phone. Theres no extra coverage, only enough guys per shift to cover the bare minimum.

crlt250r
03-20-2012, 06:43 PM
I pulled my peter muscle.... My arm is sore, and my Dr says I need massive amounts of beer and vodka...