PDA

View Full Version : polaris outlaw 90 kickstart

chrisvuc
03-17-2012, 11:22 AM
just bought a 2008 polaris outlaw 90 - last night - and kickstart does not recoil after being used. is this normal, and if not, how do i fix it?

first post here - thanks for helping out!

chris vuckovic

chris p.
03-18-2012, 06:17 AM
you're going to have to take the kickstart cover off and clean the spring inside that controls the recoil.we use carb clean and then dry with compressed air.then use a SMALL amount of white lithium grease on the spring.also clean the kickstart gear pivot pin and grease. :D :D

chrisvuc
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM
thank you! i will give it a shot in the next couple days!

chris p.
03-19-2012, 06:16 PM
let me know how you make out :D :D

chrisvuc
05-28-2013, 04:29 PM
well, its been a while... i did take the side case off, cleaned the clutch area, greased the spring, reassembled, and the kickstart still stuck. thought about it for a month or so - took it apart again, sprayed everything in site with wd40, greased the spring and gear, reassebled - and its perfect.

while i was at it, i replaced the cracked swingarm, which was a chore. while in the remove process, broke the bolts on the left holding on to the axle carrier, as the assembly was bent way out of shape. ordered the new swingarm, carrier, etc and reassebled. ordered a pipe as the stock was broken at the end, ordered new front plastic, as it was cracked, and a jet barely oversized. now for the new problem.

carb is back in, jet has been changed, and the carburator will not draw in any fuel. with the petcock on run, the fuel will not enter the fuel filter. if i disconnect the fuel line from the filter, gas will drain out, but the fuel line hooked up to the carb will not transfer fuel. yes, i installed a new fuel filter. any suggestions???