PDA

View Full Version : polaris outlaw 90 kickstart

chrisvuc
03-17-2012, 11:07 AM
just bought a 2008 polaris outlaw 90 - last night - and kickstart does not recoil after being used. is this normal, and if not, how do i fix it?

first post here - thanks for helping out!

chris vuckovic

scramblndad
03-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Unfortunately this is something that Polaris didn't address on the change from 2 stroke to 4 stroke. Everyone I've had or worked on has the same problem. Dirt gets in from the outside. Only way I've found is to pull the clutch cover, get inside, clean and lube it. Most of the time you can get away with just lubing the kickstart shaft on the inside without taking it apart. Getting the springs back in are a PITA if you take it all apart! You will need to have a gasket for the cover ready to put it back together. The original one won't come off in one piece.

chrisvuc
05-08-2013, 04:50 PM
finally got it resolved. first, took it all apart, cleaned it with brake cleaner, lubed all parts with white lithium grease, reassembled, and NOTHING. same problem. waited a few months. took it apart again, doused the inner cover with wd-40, worked all parts through, doused with wd-40 again, lubed with white lithium, and wolla - works perfect. hope it lasts!!!