PDA

View Full Version : Cr250 project/help

ZeroLogic
03-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey whats up guys, recently picked up a 2002 cr250 project bike for 150 bucks down in TN. I've been out of the game for a few years with being in the Army and whatnot but I got the itch to hit the track again. I wanted a project bike and build something I really want. Pretty much its a frame, swing arm, rear shock, and a motor that needs a rebuild and a new crank, whole wiring harness, gas tank, bars seat sub frame and a few other stuff. Some of the major parts I need is forks, triple clamps, wheels, throw a Keihin Airstryker carb on her and to rebuild the motor. Now I got a few questions, I did research but i kept finding conflicting info.

What year triple clamps will fit the 02 frame?
What year forks will fit the clamps/bike? Does it depend on the triple clamps or is it universal because they are all 47mm shocks?
Did honda change the axle size/hub size on the wheels?

Pretty much I'm trying to see what parts will mix and match, there isn't a whole lot of 02 parts on Ebay for decent prices.

I'll get some pictures of later also.

HondaRacing83
03-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Hey whats up guys, recently picked up a 2002 cr250 project bike for 150 bucks down in TN. I've been out of the game for a few years with being in the Army and whatnot but I got the itch to hit the track again. I wanted a project bike and build something I really want. Pretty much its a frame, swing arm, rear shock, and a motor that needs a rebuild and a new crank, whole wiring harness, gas tank, bars seat sub frame and a few other stuff. Some of the major parts I need is forks, triple clamps, wheels, throw a Keihin Airstryker carb on her and to rebuild the motor. Now I got a few questions, I did research but i kept finding conflicting info.

What year triple clamps will fit the 02 frame?
What year forks will fit the clamps/bike? Does it depend on the triple clamps or is it universal because they are all 47mm shocks?
Did honda change the axle size/hub size on the wheels?

Pretty much I'm trying to see what parts will mix and match, there isn't a whole lot of 02 parts on Ebay for decent prices.

I'll get some pictures of later also. I believe they used the same frame 2002 up to 2007 if that helps you any.

finsteratv
03-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Holy crap man you scored. I'm looking for a 250 at the moment also.

buck440
03-17-2012, 03:03 PM
i'll try not to confuse you...01 wheels fit 01 to 07 cr's front and rear and so do the spacers, bearing, rotors and seals. the complete wheels are interchangeable from 01 to 07 including the axles.

01 through 07 tripple clamps and fork tubes are the same size but different valving which isn't a problem.

i would just buy 02 parts and save the trouble but you do what you got to do muchacho:muscle:

btw i know because i used 02 parts on my 01

ZeroLogic
03-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by buck440
i'll try not to confuse you...01 wheels fit 01 to 07 cr's front and rear and so do the spacers, bearing, rotors and seals. the complete wheels are interchangeable from 01 to 07 including the axles.

01 through 07 tripple clamps and fork tubes are the same size but different valving which isn't a problem.

i would just buy 02 parts and save the trouble but you do what you got to do muchacho:muscle:

btw i know because i used 02 parts on my 01
I would use 02 parts but there isn't very much of them plus the prices are usually a lot more.

buck440
03-18-2012, 07:09 AM
its kinda weird the way they list their parts for certain years. half the parts i bought said they were for 02 to 07 and yet they fit my 01.