PDA

View Full Version : Herrman frames

1badcrf
03-03-2003, 10:38 PM
what do you guys think about these frames... are they 400ex geometry or 250r? i seen a while back a guy had a blue herrman with a crf thats what i want to do just dont know what frame to get... was thinking arens.. dose it come with radiator and airbox?I also like the look of jrd frames but dont have any info...

Thanks in advance

NacsRacing400
03-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Im the person with the blue crf in a herrmann frame. I would definatly try his frames out if i were you. They are very top quality in the welds and it uses a 250r geometry. I should have mine finished this weekend. Plus brad is a great guy to talk to and any problems you have while building your quad he will anwser for you and if you have any problems he will back you up and take care of you.

1badcrf
03-04-2003, 02:10 AM
dose he give you radiator and air intake?? how much did it all go for(frame, a-arm, swing arm, stem)...?

NacsRacing400
03-04-2003, 06:06 PM
It comes with everything needed to put a 250r airbox on it, he has radiators and sells them for 475 and supplys everything that you need for the conversion like bearing carriers, seat latches, bar clamps, spacers, ect. I believe his frames are alittle less than 5000.00 for the complete package including a-arms, swing arm, frame, stering stem, and all the aluminum stuff i metioned above + some more stuff i probly am forgeting. Give him a call, he can have you a complete chassis ready in a month. Tell him jimmy artman recommended it to you, he will know who i am. Also he will help you from start to finish when building and if you do have some problems with anything he will make it right again. Any more questions feel free to ask me.

1badcrf
03-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the help how long till yours will be ready??

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 1badcrf
Thanks for the help how long till yours will be ready??

Originally posted by NacsRacing400
Im the person with the blue crf in a herrmann frame. I would definatly try his frames out if i were you. They are very top quality in the welds and it uses a 250r geometry. I should have mine finished this weekend. Plus brad is a great guy to talk to and any problems you have while building your quad he will anwser for you and if you have any problems he will back you up and take care of you.

:rolleyes: :p

NacsRacing400
03-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Im trying to get it together for this weekend, there is alot of little stuff that you will look over in the begining and i have some last minute parts on the way. Ill give a full reviex of how it handles in stuff in the next week or so.

1badcrf
03-05-2003, 08:42 PM
when it is up and running can you maybe include a pic of air box and carb boot he gives you please... And if you can PM me a price list of all the parts you purchased from Brad.. i tried to PM you but i am not able to with the server as is i guess.....
Thanks

NacsRacing400
03-06-2003, 08:33 AM
It doesnt come with the airbox, you just buy an 89 250r airbox and then cut the top off and run 2 bolt throught the top, what he makes for it is a aluminum piece that goes onto the air box which is exactly 2 and 1/4 inches in diameter, then you just go to napa or an auto parts store and for $6.00 you get a 2 1/4 in. iner diameter piece of colant hose for a bigger truck or something like that , 1 ft long, and cut it to size and it fits around the crf carb perfect. Brad was looking into making his own airbox but he said his riders liked the stock 250r box better and he couldnt get one of the customs ones to hold up to long. Ill get some pictures when i get some new batteries for the camera. Try to pm me now, i think my inbox was full.