PDA

View Full Version : start switch replacement

wolfe 21
03-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Anybody know a good way to replace the start button on my existing light switch. Switch works fine, just my start button broke off, so I can't use my thumb to start it anymore. Have to use index finger of throttle hand to activate the switch inside the housing. Or anybody got a source for a cheap replacement. Seems like they even go for $50 on ebay.

Thanks,
James.

03-16-2012, 08:02 PM
so are you trying to replace your start button,your headlight on/off switch or your high/low beam switch? 1 is a button,2 are switches?if you want to replace the whole unit i have one 50 works.

Stickman400
03-16-2012, 10:08 PM
He broke the starter button. And no, you can not replace just the starter button, you're either gunna have to replace the whole assembly or buy a kill switch off of a bike to make into a starter button and rig up something custom like I did to replace the headlight switch.

Crosshairs
03-17-2012, 05:59 AM
My starter button was also broken off so I bought the complete new switch assy from eBay but it was a cheap Chinese POS....The headlight switches and the off switch were both very loose and did not have a positive feel..I ended up taking the start button out of that switch and installing it my original switch assy....

You need to cut the wires and solder them back together, its tight in there, but its possible.

if I had it to do again, I would spend the $70.00 for an OEM switch from Honda

03-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Stickman400
And no, you can not replace just the starter button

when i bought my second 400 the starter button was broken.i replaced just the starter button with one from a unit i had laying around.......................

d90rick
03-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Hey wolf, i just relaced my stock stuff w/a kx start button & i hv the entire stock switch assembly. Ill sell it cheap for ya. Make me a reasonable offer under the going rate and its yours.

d90rick
03-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Hey wolf, i just relaced my stock stuff w/a kx start button & i hv the entire stock switch assembly. Ill sell it cheap for ya. Make me a reasonable offer under the going rate and its yours.