PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

Ag400exRider
03-15-2012, 07:12 AM
I have just installed a new tusk clutch on my 400ex and got it all ready to put back togther and now I can't get the cover back on correctly, il think I have it and thn I go to pull the actuater and it's almost like its jammed. Im getting really frustrated and can't get it back on right!

440rdr1
03-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Ag400exRider
I have just installed a new tusk clutch on my 400ex and got it all ready to put back togther and now I can't get the cover back on correctly, il think I have it and thn I go to pull the actuater and it's almost like its jammed. Im getting really frustrated and can't get it back on right!

heres a link that some1 else posted about replacing your clutch....hopefully this helps

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=104828

AtvKid4Eva
03-15-2012, 11:24 AM
make sure the arm for the clutch cover is positioned the right way to fit over the arm on the clutch basket. If its not aligned it wont go on properly and will jam.

Ag400exRider
03-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Thts the thing, I can't get it lined up to go on

03-15-2012, 01:31 PM
take off the cover and look at the arm sitting in there.make sure the spring is seated correctly in the holes.rotate arm all the way to the right if youre looking inside the case.you should be looking at the notched out area on the arm that engages the rod coming out of the clutch basket.while holding the arm in that position place the cover on the bike.snug a few bolts on opposite corners of the cover.rotate arm towards the cylinder stopping at about 45 degrees from where you began.apply some pressure,it should stop.put a few more bolts in then hook up your cable and try it out.should be good to go.